Lumia 800 newbie questions

ahhk22

Nov 26, 2011
Visit site
I just got my new Lumia 800 here in Hong Kong and generally love the phone except for the fact that the version here apparently comes without Nokia Drive, Nokia Maps and Nokia Music. Is there a way that I can install them myself?

Also, Windows Phone 7 Connector is working great for syncing music, pics and podcasts, but is there a way to sync calendar and contacts with a Mac? Finally, as a Mac user, how can I obtain and install software updates?

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
not sure about your question about the missing apps - it may be region specific, so you may not get those.

For software updates, the WP7 connector should work for software updates too. I'm a PC user, so can't confirm, but the user guide indicates that it should work

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
hmm this post is from Dec 12, not sure if you still need help but u can goto the nokia app to find "most" of the apps u were looking for, or worst case just change the region setting to us/uk and they should pop up

jj14x

Dec 30, 2011
Visit site
hmm this post is from Dec 12, not sure if you still need help but u can goto the nokia app to find "most" of the apps u were looking for, or worst case just change the region setting to us/uk and they should pop up

Not sure about the op, but I've been struggling with that all day today (and yesterday).
Changing the region didn't do anything - I couldn't even find the nokia app in the marketplace!
The only thing that has (partially) worked is resetting the device and logging on with a new live account that was created with country selected as UK). Now, Nokia Music app is there - BUT mix radio and mp3 store are missing from the Nokia Music app. Grrrr!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss