Interesting Results, it features a Panasonic Lumix compact camera too. :)

Nokia Lumia-800 Camera Comparison

Just Sharing. :)
    12-27-2011 03:35 AM
    Great post I love my lumia camera more than the phone itself.
    12-27-2011 06:02 AM
    Is there a way to make it not default to macro mode everytime you open it?
    12-27-2011 09:47 AM
    While not having a Nokia DarrenUK, does it not have the 'save settings' that was introduced with Mango ?

Both my Omnia 7 and new Titan had the 'save settings' option added when Mango arrived.

(Saves whatever camera settings you like)
    12-27-2011 09:52 AM
    No mate, no option to save the settings that I can see. Not ideal :(
    12-27-2011 10:54 AM
    No mate, no option to save the settings that I can see. Not ideal :(
    Oh I'm really surprised, that's strange indeed, I just though it was a standard Mango addition for all phones DarrenUK.
    12-27-2011 10:56 AM
    I have the save settings option. Time to hit Specsavers maybe? ;)
    12-27-2011 10:58 AM
    Possibly! I found it, for some reason I expect save to be at the bottom of a list!

Cheers!
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    12-27-2011 11:01 AM
    Possibly! I found it, for some reason I expect save to be at the bottom of a list!

Cheers!
    Happy Days DarrenUK, no Specsavers required. ;) :D
    12-27-2011 11:03 AM
    I'm actually very disappointed with the camera. My brother's Christmas photos taken on his HTC Desire S are much better than mine. I hope some of this bad quality can and will be fixed in a software update.

Also the autofocus in video mode seems to badly broken. Does anybody else find that?
    12-27-2011 12:22 PM
    Hey all, long time lurker, first time poster here!

Loving my Nokia Lumia 800 but frankly rather disappointed with the camera... Almost every picture I take is completely ruined with overexposure, no matter what I do with the settings. Have attached an example I took where in what I considered to be a pretty balanced scene, the floor is just completely whited out!

Oh, and I've also had the poor autofocus in video mode and the horrible pink glow in low light snaps, mentioned in some reviews. :@

Really hope some/all of this can be fixed by a software update...
    12-31-2011 05:23 AM
    You don't have a case on the phone do you? I have a cheap eBay 'clear' one, and it catches the flash, producing a similar effect.

It's going in the bin shortly :lol:
    01-01-2012 05:17 AM
    No, don't see the point in cases when phones are so well made! I did notice dirt on the camera lens making it worse, but have gone to great lengths to make sure it is clean before taking any snaps now.
    01-01-2012 11:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD