New 800, Qs on updates & firmware

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So, got me a Lumia 800 (love it) from Germany (unlocked, T-Mob branded) and used in Ireland. Should I expect to get updates, or will the fact that I'm in a country that doesn't officially have the phone be a problem?

Will flashing a generic image help in any way? Also, what are the differences between the different country variant packages? Say between GB and France variants, or between GB Black and GB Cyan?

I'm on 11451, but haven't seen Nokia Collection in Marketplace or an update to Drive yet. Or am I just being impatient :)

Thanks.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Not sure of the different variants between countries conorn, but the battery update is coming this month so I would imagine all Lumia 800's will get that.

If you find your battery isn't lasting too well this update is supposed to address that problem.

Welcome along to WPCentral conorn. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Just a wee post to remind you that the battery / firmware update starts rolling out next Week. (Think it begins 18th January)

Hopefully that will improve things for Lumia 800 users. :)

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
If you don't mind wiping your phone, you can get it now via Nokia Care Suite 5. Annoyingly, I do mind wiping my phone, so I have to wait :(

conorn

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, I have NCS/DPM and downloaded a generic 8107.11501 image. Itching, but will wait ... for now :)

BTW, I was being too impatient earlier. Nokia Collection did show up after a couple of days. 'Though I had set my locale to UK. Will be setting it back to IRL to see what disappears. Main difference was Local Scout showed up in Bing - but, of course, couldn't find anything.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa