Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Update Starts Today

soupatoras

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Any news on the update... meaning i was able to upgrade immediately when the first upgrade came and now nothing :mad: how it works? who update first...

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Still no update here, but the Nokia support site has been updated and has this to say:

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 800 SW 1600.2483.8106.11500
-Improved battery performance
-Better Wi-Fi connectivity
-Better voicemail notification
-Local Scout improvements
-Latest Microsoft operating system version 7.10.8107.79

No time frame or word on the pattern of the update, but we know it's within the next week and a half. Good to have confirmed that we're getting the 8107 update bundled with the firmware though :)

sj55555

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I did the WiFi disconnect trick and received an update. My OS version is now: 7.10.8107.79. However, my firmware version is still 1600.2479.7740.11451. I have not been able to get the disconnect trick to work again. This is getting frustrating.

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I've read that the trick doesn't work for firmware only updates (and judging by my failed attempts to get the mid Dec update, that's true), so you'll probably just have to wait your turn for the firmware.

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, here are my results so far for the Nokia battery fix:

Previously I was getting 6300% charged or somesuch, that now reads accurately (88%)

Voltage is the same at around 4.1v
Current (Discharging) was previously around 300mA on 3g or wifi, now at 132 mA
Full charge capacity has came down by around 100mAh it's now 1432 mAh
Remaining 1258 mAh

So it seems to be discharging less and under normal use I'd be around 50% about now.

I'll give it a few more cycles and we'll see how we go!

Also, I got the illumination bug too, I notice the lights flash when the phone dims after inactivity... I doubt that's by design so let's hope for an update soon.

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm usually looking for a charger at <20% by now and I'm currently at 73%

It looks like Nokia have cracked it, for me at least! I'm over the moon!

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Well, I'm usually looking for a charger at <20% by now and I'm currently at 73%

It looks like Nokia have cracked it, for me at least! I'm over the moon!

Glad to hear it and thanks for continuing to feedback :)

Still no update here, but I can't say I was plagued with any issues anyway. There's just something about having the most up to date version.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Max capacity now 1150! It is actually getting worse. So first charge after the update 1483 now 1150 so over 330mAh missing that's a lot of standby time.

Is this just me!

Oliver Sainsbury

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Max capacity now 1150! It is actually getting worse. So first charge after the update 1483 now 1150 so over 330mAh missing that's a lot of standby time.

Is this just me!

No, it is not just you. I am having the same problem, but not as bad. After the update full charge capacity was 1483 now it is 1414. Moreover, the battery does not last as long as it did before the update, 17 hours vs 12 hours.

It seems that a lot of people over at Nokia Disscussions are reporting similar problems. However, not everybody seems to be having these issues, some are reporting getting 36+ hours out of their phones.

Nokia still has some work to do.

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Well I'm now at 34% after a fair bit of use today. It's a whole lot better than before but still room for improvement. I hope my cycling of the battery doesn't result in a reduction in capacity mind!

I'll update tomorrow.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Managed to trick the update, had to wait about 7 seconds before the disconnect.

Took forever to do a backup because like a dummy I didn't take my music off first. Oops.

Anyway, got the OS 8107 and FW 8106 together. Full charge capacity has dropped slightly from 1519mAh to 1482mAh, but my remaining charge at 100% is 1482mAh which is higher than it would have gotten before.

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My Capacity went up to 1466 today, however it's down to 83% already and I've done literally nothing with the phone!

Nokia, you confuse me!

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I really hope I get the update soon - my battery calibration is all over the place. Yesterday, the phone stayed at 100% for about three hours with occasional use, then hovered around 75%-50% for ages, then dropped suddenly to 30%, then this afternoon I was on a train and checked my battery - 28%. Ok, fine. I started watching a video. Literally 1 minute later I had "battery critically low" and then within 2 seconds the "Goodbye" screen.

It's getting infuriating. If I can't be sure whether my phone is going to be useable, I can't trust it, and that makes me want to get rid of it and get something else I can trust. My 1st Gen Mozart battery reporting - even when I swapped out the stock one for the extended life one - was always spot on. I really think this is doing Nokia's reputation for good battery life no end of harm.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I've stopped looking at the stats and all that. I am not sure it's accurate anyway. But from *using* the phone, after the update my battery is excellent. I make it till the end of the day with 47%. Prior to that, I would have been totally out way before end of day.

Just my experience. It's on par with my iPhone 4 now which is great.

Oliver Sainsbury

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Ok, I thought I would update everybody on how my battery is doing. If you read my previous posts in this thread you know that the latest battery update did not solve fox the poor battery problem for me.

However, after some messing around it now seems to be fixed. When I pulled it off the charger yesterday, the phone reported 77% battery left, but it quickly dropped to 76% (I did not charge it all the way). It is now 20 hours later and the phone reports 18% battery life left. This is a huge improvement from the 12 -17 hours I was getting on a full charge previously.:mad:

So, what did I do to bring about this change?

I plugged the phone into my computer and roled back the fireware with Zune to 7740. I then unplugged the phone and reset it in the "about" part of the settings menu. When the reset was done I entered all the details that the phone requires upon a new install -- "windows live ID" and "Nokia Account" information. I did not add any additional email accounts or download any programs. From here I plugged the phone back into Zune and installed the 8107/battery fix update.

That was it. Now I have vastly improved battery life.:p

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Ok, I thought I would update everybody on how my battery is doing. If you read my previous posts in this thread you know that the latest battery update did not solve fox the poor battery problem for me.

However, after some messing around it now seems to be fixed. When I pulled it off the charger yesterday, the phone reported 77% battery left, but it quickly dropped to 76% (I did not charge it all the way). It is now 20 hours later and the phone reports 18% battery life left. This is a huge improvement from the 12 -17 hours I was getting on a full charge previously.:mad:

So, what did I do to bring about this change?

I plugged the phone into my computer and roled back the fireware with Zune to 7740. I then unplugged the phone and reset it in the "about" part of the settings menu. When the reset was done I entered all the details that the phone requires upon a new install -- "windows live ID" and "Nokia Account" information. I did not add any additional email accounts or download any programs. From here I plugged the phone back into Zune and installed the 8107/battery fix update.

That was it. Now I have vastly improved battery life.:p

That makes sense since my phone was an exchange that I just got. I basically set it up, added my apps, music, etc and then forced the update on my phone (via disconnect trick). Battery is excellent at the moment.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I wouldn't take the Maximum mAh too seriously it seems to be bouncing around all over the place now.

That said, 10 hours since charge with a few messages/emails and some wifi web use ... 90% charge remaining. Will see how it holds up tomorrow when I'm actually out of the house, but it's definitely looking like a marked improvement.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa