Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Update Starts Today

outrunmikeuk

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
Still no update here, but the Nokia support site has been updated and has this to say:

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 800 SW 1600.2483.8106.11500
-Improved battery performance
-Better Wi-Fi connectivity
-Better voicemail notification
-Local Scout improvements
-Latest Microsoft operating system version 7.10.8107.79

No time frame or word on the pattern of the update, but we know it's within the next week and a half. Good to have confirmed that we're getting the 8107 update bundled with the firmware though :)
On Orange UK, got the firmware update without the OS update
Firmware 1600.2483.8106.11500
OS 7.10.7740.16

Anyone else got the same

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
i'm on orange uk (unbranded handset).
i did the disconnect trick last night and received both updates.
Battery has been superb today.
it seemed to drop a little quick to 79% then it just sorted itself out.
the battery says i've used 10hours and still have 14hours remaining. happy dayz ;)

by the way i still cant get the diagnostic app up even after the update. really starting to wind me up tbh.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Got mine last night (UK, unbranded, via Mac Windows Phone Connector so can't do the Zune update trick). Not been through a charge cycle yet but the reporting seems more accurate.

Softkey backlight now not coming on for medium or higher brightness. Auto brightness seems dimmer as well.

Oh, and I have the new version of the diagnostics app too (if you haven't got this, after the update delete the app from your app list then re-enable it with the ##634# code at the dialer and you'll get the new version with battery use graphs)

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
i'm on orange uk (unbranded handset).
i did the disconnect trick last night and received both updates.
Battery has been superb today.
it seemed to drop a little quick to 79% then it just sorted itself out.
the battery says i've used 10hours and still have 14hours remaining. happy dayz ;)

by the way i still cant get the diagnostic app up even after the update. really starting to wind me up tbh.

Mine was like that but unfortunately only one day. I have two spares so may switch to one of them and see if it was only my phone.

Not sure what you have tried but if you have not tried this. If you have the old one uninstall then dial the ##634# and it should download and install the newer version.

Also I have a scratch on the Gorilla glass not even sure how that happened!

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
##634# just doesn't work for me. A soon as I type it in, the characters disappear and it allows me to type it in again. I have nothing under 'D' except for 'Deals - 24hr UK'

I've even changed language settings to English (United States) - to no avail.

I'm perplexed to say the least.

Is there a number at nokia we can call and they can run diagnostics?

Apart from this, the phone is working fantastic. Really pleased with it.

I came from Blackberry...

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My Battery has got progressively worse since the update. Currently at 77%, estimated time remaining 9 hours, time since last charge 3 hours.

I've used kik messenger about 4 times and checked my "Me" tile once.

12 hours? Really?!

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
##634# just doesn't work for me. A soon as I type it in, the characters disappear and it allows me to type it in again. I have nothing under 'D' except for 'Deals - 24hr UK'

I've even changed language settings to English (United States) - to no avail.

I'm perplexed to say the least.

Is there a number at nokia we can call and they can run diagnostics?

Apart from this, the phone is working fantastic. Really pleased with it.

I came from Blackberry...

I am a little confused about the "D" So I would like to clarify you are dialing the ##634# like it was a phone number and not searching the marketplace?

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I am a little confused about the "D" So I would like to clarify you are dialing the ##634# like it was a phone number and not searching the marketplace?

yes i'm dialling it from the keypad. i mentioned the D as i believe the Diagnostics (once installed) reside in the 'D' area.

Sorry for the confusion.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
My battery life seems marginally better, but what is MUCH better is the calibration - it now accurately reports how much power I have left, and the phone doesn't die the moment it hits 20% left.

Auto backlight is dimmer too, which works better IMHO.

JakubT

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
My battery is worse now!!!! before the battery was able to last for 1 day! now not even 18hours... wtf???? :mad:
I experienced the sime right after the update. Although than I found an advice somewhere to reload the backup, perform hard reset (wiping all the data) and install the new update. Now everything is OK and the battery life time really improved significantly.

It seems that the upgrade on old and non-clean system does actually worsen the battery status....

J.

soupatoras

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
I experienced the sime right after the update. Although than I found an advice somewhere to reload the backup, perform hard reset (wiping all the data) and install the new update. Now everything is OK and the battery life time really improved significantly.

It seems that the upgrade on old and non-clean system does actually worsen the battery status....

J.

Ok ill try this but how i reinstall the new update... i do a back up first right? then a hard reset and then install the new update? when you do a hard reset the phone's OS rolls back to the previous version??? if yes ill do it imediatelly

JakubT

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
You have to connect it to the Zune and reload from backup. Than wipe...Settigs...About.....Than after reboot you have to setup the Live and Nokia account to let the system boot and than start the update to 8106...

Cheers

J.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

M

mkr10001

J.

Really?!

I want to do this but I'm not about to wipe my device....

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
OK, I've now been through a few proper charge cycles, and I'm pretty sure battery life has improved AND battery remaining reporting is now much, much more accurate. For example, I went to bed last night at 11pm and had 10% charge left - woke up this morning at 6am with 5% left and it still made it through to 8.30, and I also checked my email/twitter so it wasn't just sat on standby.

I hope the camera fix is as efficient! :)

danielpholt

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I usually charge my device when i sleep. At a guess i'd say the battery is at about 45% when placed on charge. Usually it gets 7-8 hours of power before i wake up again, that's plenty of time to get the device fully charged right? So how come i access my phone to find it on roughly 90%? I usually have enough time to unplug the USB cable and re-insert it (which pushes me towards the 100% mark), but it's left me wondering about the state of the rest of the battery.

Is my phone fully charging and then reverting back to the battery and for whatever reason, not running off the power cable (which is plugged in) or is the battery reaching a certain percentile and simply thinking its full until i re-instert the power cable?

Sorry if i've not phrased the question terribly well.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Sounds like your calibration may be off from repeated charges from half empty. Try running a few cycles of 100% charge/use until the phone shuts down. Hopefully, that should reset it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte