Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Update Starts Today

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
ooo good, i'll definitely have to keep an eye out for this and notify my sister so she doesn't go into rage mode about batteries (just got her on to wp last sat, so ill have to keep her happy then may be she'll turn some of her friends too :p)

M

mkr10001

Yep, done mine. Will need to see how it performs tomorrow.

I have been playing a lot of Word by post at work over 3g which muuurrrders my battery. I had the live tile turned on but had to turn it off now. :(

M

mkr10001

I will tell you though, my softkeys don't light up unless brightness is on low or automatic. automatic brightness is very low anyway.....

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what this post means....I'm assuming he thinks you are wrong about it starting today and in fact starts within the next 2 weeks...if so....he is wrong

He means that it can be any time within the next two weeks, which is correct. The roll out starts today, but there is no guarantee that it will be today for most people.

"We are excited to announce that starting today and rolling out over the next two weeks we will be releasing the second software update for the Lumia 800. After already setting the pace for smartphones in 2011 we wanted to start 2012 as we mean to go on, by enhancing performance and usability. With enhanced battery life and greater Wi-Fi connectivity this update will allow you to get even more out of your Lumia 800."

M

mkr10001

He means that it can be any time within the next two weeks, which is correct. The roll out starts today, but there is no guarantee that it will be today for most people.

"We are excited to announce that starting today and rolling out over the next two weeks we will be releasing the second software update for the Lumia 800. After already setting the pace for smartphones in 2011 we wanted to start 2012 as we mean to go on, by enhancing performance and usability. With enhanced battery life and greater Wi-Fi connectivity this update will allow you to get even more out of your Lumia 800."

Yeah I know it will be rolling out but the way he put his post with dots after gave it a negative impression, as if he was trying to correct the thread without directly doing so.

It IS starting/has started today.

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what this post means....I'm assuming he thinks you are wrong about it starting today and in fact starts within the next 2 weeks...if so....he is wrong

It means it could take two weeks before everyone is able to get it.

Some reports that 8107 and the battery fix may be rolling out in one single update.
Correct, if installed via Nokia Care Suit, dunno about Zune.

Edit: Actually some are also saying that they're getting one and not the other. I did the disconnect trick and it's updating to 8107 as I type, will report back about firmware version.

Edit 2: Got 8107 & new firmware in one update.

Last edited:
M

mkr10001

It means it could take two weeks before everyone is able to get it.

Yeah it just came across rather rude. What's wrong with saying...."It might take a few weeks for everyone to get the update" rather than a short angry post with a thousand ......'s

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
so my battery is fixed by the update now at 1478 from 9xx, i do have the soft touch key not lighting up issue along with the dimmer auto brightness thing, any other issues people encounter that i should know about?

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
No update for me yet, same as last time. Obviously whatever criteria it goes by means I'm always in the second batch! Bah!

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I left my phone in the office last night this morning it was still on although battery saver was on. Plugged into my laptop and was offered the update and installed it no issues.

I have not observed any of the issues and I have tried to replicate some of them so currently nothing to report on those specific issues.

My Lumia did suffer some lockups recently which I attributed to receiving calls in areas of low signal as that seemed the only common denominator. So will look out for this issue reappearing.

Obviously my battery is pretty flat right now so the phone is charging. The Nokia Diagnostics used to report 65K as its Charged % that now reads a more believable number currently mine is n ow 21% rising from 19% when I first noticed it.

The Battery Capacity Full charge was 1500 something it now reads 1483 now I will need to see if the Remaining charge when fully charged exceeds the old value and gets closer to that 1483 number.

So currently I can only report that they fixed the Charged % number in the Nokia Diagnostic app :)

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Can those who got the battery update confirm if it also updated the OS version to .8107? Curious to see if they're bundled or separate. Thanks in advance :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786