Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Update Starts Today

danielpholt

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
I'll give that a try. On an related note, i have noticed my battery appears to be going down rather quickly today. That being said, i might just be being paranoid. Thanks for the help.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I've been on the fence about updating for a couple of days now. General feedback seems ok, so I might bite the bullet and give it a try.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
I've been on the fence about updating for a couple of days now. General feedback seems ok, so I might bite the bullet and give it a try.

I recommend doing a hard reset after I get a good 20+ hours with mine. If your having battery problems after the update this is what I suggest you try

1. Do a hard reset
2. Try using your phone with the stock applications and see how long your battery lasts
3. Add a couple of apps at a time maybe its an app causing the problems

I change my phone via USB fyi

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the tip Graham. I'll try it out if I have any problems. One thing that has been on my mind is if I will still be able to download metrotube if I do end up hard resetting, since it is no longer on ther marketplace. I saw mention that all apps and games will be tied to the account registered to the phone. Will I still be able to download metrotube then?

M

mkr10001

Tonight I tried the restore, reset, update people have been talking about. Battery capacity went up from 13-something to over 1400.

Hopefully that has sorted it. Going to leave it syncing email tonight to check in the morning

Zorr

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

Started to research the Lumia battery issues. Love the phone but the standby time is a bit silly. How nokia could release something like that to the market?

My struggle so far:
Latest update:
OS 7.10.7740.16
Firmware 1600.2483.8106.11500

No background apps, wifi and bluetooth off, emails check once per hour, brightness set on low.

Still after full charge 1438mAh (from diag tool) time remaining is 17h/ battery saver makes is 19h this is ridiculous !! Phone is not really usable in real life. Is this about right or something is not right with me or the phone ?

Any suggestions how to make it last longer welcome

M

mkr10001

21:16 96% 1 day 13 hours
21:40 95% 1 day
21:59 93% 1 day 10 hours
22:15 92% 1 day 7 hours
23:23 87% 1 day 6 hours
09:10 65% 1 day
10:19 60% 20 hours

40% gone in 13 hours 3g data and wifi on 4 emails syncing hourly.

Definitely better than the other day but not sure if it's good enough. Will need to see how it fairs after a day at work

danielpholt

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Last night confirmed my suspicions that i was struggling with the bug. My phone was on 100% when i left for work. I put it onto Flight Mode. Used the phone as i would normally on my 30 minute lunch break, then put it back onto Flight Mode. By the time i had got home this morning, the thing was down to 52%. Now i'm no battery expert, but even i know thats not right.

Basically it had been off charge for 10 hours, been on Flight Mode for 9.5 of those hours and still managed to lose half its charge.

I've done the hard reboot, i'll let you know how it handles itself tonight. Honestly, i love this phone and so far i'm loving the OS but Nokia seem to be going out of their way to put me off the device.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
This might sound dumb, but once I stopped checking the remaining battery all the time and just used the phone like I normally would, it got a lot better.

I finish most days with 40-50% left and that will be having been out of the house from 8am until 5 with 3G/H on, music, social stuff (fb, twitter, foursquare) and web browsing. When I get home 3G goes off, WiFi goes on and the phone gets light use until 1-2am.

To anyone worrying about their max charge as shown by the Diagnostics app, I wouldn't worry about it, it goes up and down all over the place and the phone is drained and charged. Stop worrying and enjoy your phone.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Exactly mprice86.

After you have updated and possible done the hard reset, i recommend not to follow the diagnostic app (who even knows how much that uses battery, in many devices those diagnostic tools itself suck a lot of battery).

Use it in real life without the diagnostic tool and see how it goes. I had about 10 hours of battery life before the update. Updated and did the hard reset. After a week battery life has now been around 1 day and 12 hours.
Similar i have gotten from my N9 and GS.

danielpholt

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Would recommend turning 3G off whilst you're at it. Over on the Nokia Discussion forum we've been getting people posting about how quickly their battery drains with 3G activated.

M

mkr10001

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
My experience with battery-life:
i only turn 3g on when i need it as 3g in my area is pants so its continually trying to find a signal.
i have on homescreen 7 email accounts.
messaging
twitter
facebook
stockmap
calendar
wifi shortcut
bluetooth shortcut
phone shortcut
internet explorer

Battery saver is now reporting 50% remaining after 13hours.
i have done pics.videos.social.phone calling.uploading today.

i really cant see a problem with the battery

i came from blackberry and the battery is better on this phone than my bold and torch. i used to turn the 3g off on these too until i needed it.

I'm happy with what nokia and microsoft have done. its a joy to use.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
My Titan battery lasts a day soupatoras and I have it in my hand rather a lot.

No complaints here on my battey life. :)

I'm sure it would last a lot longer if I could leave it alone for 5 minutes. :cool:

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
Same, I get a day out of mine, and I use the **** out of it at times.

It's no worse than my other smartphones have been.

M

mkr10001

Same, I get a day out of mine, and I use the **** out of it at times.

It's no worse than my other smartphones have been.

yes..maybe YOURS...but clearly not all are performing the same

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I have tried the new update for a couple of days now. On the first day I was able to get 1 day 17hours since my last charge. Usage included people hub updates every hour or 2, 2 email accounts synced hourly, news feeds etc. Now I am lucky if I can get 20 hours without as much usage. Really disappointed, and looks like I have to go through the hassle and try a hard reset since it is now worse than before the update. *sigh*

Update: After a few charge cycles it seems to have improved significantly. I'm getting nearly a day and a half from a single charge

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb