Nokia Lumia 800 Battery Update Starts Today

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
I also do not have it yet. But a member of a Danish WP forum was in contact with Nokia that told him 8106.11500 is delayed and to just wait it out. To be on the safe side I tried a rollback as earlier described, can't really tell if it has helped yet. Anyhow I sure hope it will be in soon. :D

Still love this phone though.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Well here's an update for you all:

There was a few little niggly things different with my phone.

1. No Diagnostics
2. I was getting good battery life but at the expense of turning off 3G (This wasn't really a problem as I've always turned it off.. living on the orange/t-mo border aint a great thing)
3. Never set up a nokia account first time round and could never enter it anywhere (wondering if this had anything to do with diagnostics not applying)

Sooooooooo....

I rolled back to previous update... Then I reset my phone. Set up Nokia account and live account, set it back up again, and then re-downloaded the new update.

Bear in mind, that this took all night to set up again (email accounts / apps / games etc) and I'm still sorting apps out now and then too.

I have to say..
The Diagnostics installed first time.
Some of the later contacts I had added and groups didn't come back (so there was obviously a problem with connection somewhere along the line). I have now added contacts and checked online and they have appeared (Good!)
Battery is considerably better too with all services running.

So.. I know it's a night out of your life, but the benefits FAR outweigh all the moaning on here about battery life.

So just do it.

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
My phone is now with Nokia, it's been there a week so hopefully I'll have it back soon. I'll let you know how the battery life is then. If it's still not playing ball then I might have to seek the services of Envirofone and get something else. Shame really because I REALLY like this phone, if only you could install an extended battery!

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
This is more a tip for the non-Live addicts here, but if you go into settings > applications > games > and uncheck the synchronise game requests; this seems to have a major impact on battery life. At least it has done for me anyway.

Since last charge, I've had WiFi enabled constantly, done about 5 hours web browsing, listened to a full album on speaker (while browsing), installed a few apps, a few short emails and some games.

Remaining Battery Life: 52%
Time remaining: 16 hours
Since last charge: 1 day 6 hours

I doubt it's a solution for everyone, but thought I'd share in case it helps someone else out :)

soupatoras

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
This is more a tip for the non-Live addicts here, but if you go into settings > applications > games > and uncheck the synchronise game requests; this seems to have a major impact on battery life. At least it has done for me anyway.

Since last charge, I've had WiFi enabled constantly, done about 5 hours web browsing, listened to a full album on speaker (while browsing), installed a few apps, a few short emails and some games.

Remaining Battery Life: 52%
Time remaining: 16 hours
Since last charge: 1 day 6 hours

I doubt it's a solution for everyone, but thought I'd share in case it helps someone else out :)

It worked for me too... im on my second day now when i use to cahrge it every night!;)

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I will give it a go. I to live in TMO/Orange borders and had previously turned off 3G to extend my battery which gave me my life back but at the expense of ease of use.

I am not interested in the game request feature so that is an easy decision especially if it means 3G on and battery lasts all day.

On another note, my fresh out of the box replacement typically lasts all day with 3G on but can die in the late evening. That will be fruit ninjas fault. It will be interesting to see if this makes a marked improvement on this phone. The battery hovers at 1250/1300 which is an improvement on the other phone which hung around 1000/1100.

So annoying that the battery spoils this otherwise excellent phone.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
It worked for me too... im on my second day now when i use to cahrge it every night!;)
I ended up getting 2 days and 3 hours out of it before I decided I'd better charge it for college. Still had 19% left.

That was all WiFi only though. I've had 3G on today and it's wiped 40% off the battery in 6 hours. All I've done is make two 30 second calls, 5 mins of web browsing and received two emails.

Really wish they would change 3G to work like the WiFi and turn off with the screen.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Having a smartphone without 3G kind of defeats the purpose with them. If 3G was turned off with the screen the battery could drain heavily anyway. What if someone sends you a MMS or stuff needs to sync. Data load on lower networks draws far more battery than on 3G as it takes much more time.

Weird that some have 3D drain. Might it be related to the service where you live? I have no 3G drain at all. I easily get one full day out of my phone even with heavy use and that's all I need really. I always charge over night. Even if my battery is 90% at bedtime. I want full juice in the morgning.

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Having a smartphone without 3G kind of defeats the purpose with them. If 3G was turned off with the screen the battery could drain heavily anyway. What if someone sends you a MMS or stuff needs to sync. Data load on lower networks draws far more battery than on 3G as it takes much more time.

Weird that some have 3D drain. Might it be related to the service where you live? I have no 3G drain at all. I easily get one full day out of my phone even with heavy use and that's all I need really. I always charge over night. Even if my battery is 90% at bedtime. I want full juice in the morgning.

That is exactly my argument with regards to where you live.
I am on a border of Orange / Tmo, with 3G also being on a border (bottom of the high street - switches to GPRS - always has done on every phone) I do live out in the stix.

I can now leave 3G on all day and I'm getting 24 hours...

My Home screen at the moment:

7 Email accounts : 30 min checking
2 twitter accounts : 1 on Mehdoh, the other on Carbon (for some reason even though I have both in carbon, I can't switch between the the 2???)
ME Tile
Phone Icon - obviously
Calendar
IE
Marketplace
Maps
Nokia Drive
StockMap
Facebook App
Flashlight 7
To Do - Onenote
Wifi Settings
Bluetooth Settings
Cellular Settings
Airplane Mode

Hope that helps.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site

I'm not saying it should use lower speed networks to do anything either. WiFi periodically connects while the screen is off to check for email/notifications etc. 3G should at least be given the option to do the same thing rather than remaining connected or constantly trying to remain connected even when the phone isn't in use.

I just think that the 3G connection could be managed better by the phone, that's all. Generally 3G reception is very good where I live (thanks Vodafone), but I do spend a lot of time inside college where the building usually forces the phone to GPRS or Edge. To be fair if the college just opened their WiFi up to smartphones my problems would be solved.

borjeboy

Feb 20, 2012
Visit site
So it seems like everyone in sweden has fixed there mobile battery problems with doing these steps WARNING!!! iit will delete almost everything you have. But you should do this to fix it, when you have installed the latest update...
settings ---> about ---> factory reset..

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Defo working for me..

And I can't afford to let my phone let me down.

It's doing really well organising Retro Trax Festivals 2012 at the moment. Much faster than my old BB Torch..

My Winphone uploads images to facebook without a single problem to here : https://www.facebook.com/events/203124333088765/

Loving it.. BETTER battery life than my old BB.. I thought it would be hard to change as BBE does tasks (business-wise) very very good. BUt it is just a different way of doing things. Plus, it;s WAY faster

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett