Possible bug in 8107 with softkeys illumination on Lumia 800?

rogihee

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
Hi,

I just updated my Lumia 800 to 8107 OS and firmware (1600.2483.8106.11500). Now when I change my brightness settings to NOT automatically adjust, the soft keys are always OFF. They were - and should be - always on when you activate your phone.

This is extremely annoying!

Does anyone else have encountered this issue yet?

Best regards,

Rogier

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

I think lots of 800 users have been reporting this quirk rogihee.

Welcome along to WPCentral. :)

Some comments here on the update.

http://www.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-800-firmware-update-detailed

RustyU

Dec 10, 2011
Visit site
I think it's by design. If you're using med/high brightness, you'll be in a a light enough place to see them them without them being backlight.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I think it's by design. If you're using med/high brightness, you'll be in a a light enough place to see them them without them being backlight.

That is a stupid design if it was intended. Just because you have it in one setting doesn't mean you are in that one place all the time. Might as well removed the keys all together.

rogihee

Dec 25, 2011
Visit site
I would really like an extra setting for illuminating the soft keys as well...Then everybody would be happpy..

In semi-bright conditions (end of day with a bit of sunlight indoors), the keys are not visible and the screen is a bit too dimm in automatic mode. Because you cannot feel them, I NEED the visual clue with the light.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb