Nokia Lumia 3G Band Variants

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
So according to this, vzw users should be able to use the 800, as both the global and US variations list cdma support. You should post this link in the vzw threads...

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
So according to this, vzw users should be able to use the 800, as both the global and US variations list cdma support. You should post this link in the vzw threads...

Verizon doesn't use wcdma..... Still won't work on verizon. Not to mention most likely they wouldn't allow it on their network if it had the right band anyway.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes well, I know nothing about US carrier frequencies, (being a foreigner LOL) so can't join in the, yes it will, no it won't fun I'm afraid freestaterocker. :D

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Yes well, I know nothing about US carrier frequencies, (being a foreigner LOL) so can't join in the, yes it will, no it won't fun I'm afraid freestaterocker. :D

That's one downfall of being stuck on a cdma carrier, we can't just import a phone and use it since verizon needs to approve it sadly.

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
That's one downfall of being stuck on a cdma carrier, we can't just import a phone and use it since verizon needs to approve it sadly.

Wasn't that long ago Saskatchewan was CDMA only. Rogers was offering UMTS but has terrible coverage in the province. Sasktel, the govt owned carrier, recently reached an agreement with Bell to build a HSDPA+ network with the same level of coverage, which finally brought competition to the province, just in the last 2 years. I know what you're going through. All they had on the old network was BB and Palm devices.

Premium1

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't that long ago Saskatchewan was CDMA only. Rogers was offering UMTS but has terrible coverage in the province. Sasktel, the govt owned carrier, recently reached an agreement with Bell to build a HSDPA+ network with the same level of coverage, which finally brought competition to the province, just in the last 2 years. I know what you're going through. All they had on the old network was BB and Palm devices.

Hopefully once they are full lte, maybe it will be easier to get any phone and not cdma only ones.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos