04-19-2012 01:32 AM
28 12
tools
    I tough i had solved the problem but the battery is still not as good as when i first downloaded the update (the discharge rate is randomly 250mA or 80mA)
    I noticed the same thing. The rate increases sometimes to around 250mA. I don't think it's a bug. Maybe there is a Background Task working right at this Moment or emails are synching. I guess this could also be related to connectivity for instance when the device connects to your WiFi or to another cell tower.
    04-01-2012 04:58 AM
    I noticed the same thing. The rate increases sometimes to around 250mA. I don't think it's a bug. Maybe there is a Background Task working right at this Moment or emails are synching. I guess this could also be related to connectivity for instance when the device connects to your WiFi or to another cell tower.
    Yeah, it could be but the problem is that the battery life in real life is much worse. The battery is at 80% after 3 hours of doing nothing! When I had done the update this was discharging at around 1-3% every hour...
    04-01-2012 05:36 AM
    Just wondering, my battery life isn't too bad because I use the 800 quite heavily during the day. At my desk I pretty much have it constantly plugged to the PC usb to keep the battery up. But also I've turned off auto-brightness. I LOVE my display nice and bright and I find on auto display goes to medium too often and medium doesn't cut it for me. So obviously having it on high all day will drain the battery as well.

But just wondering if there are people out there who have brightness on high and use the phone heavily but find the battery still lasts the day. Yes I've updated to the latest but wanted to make sure the battery running low because of my high usage and high brightness level, not perhaps a problem.

I also had about 8 apps working in the background so I just stopped a few apps and now only have 3 apps working in the background (apart from the ones that don't allow you to manually change) so I might notice a difference now as well.
    04-19-2012 01:32 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD