Battery life a lot WORSE after update?

trmnta82

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
I was perfectly happy with the battery life on my Lumia 800... that was until the update that was supposed to make it better!

Now, it's terrible. I used to charge it every 2-3 days, now remaining battery says 19 hrs when fully charged. It used to say over 2 days.

Last night I lost 50% overnight - in FLIGHTMODE!!!!!:mad:

I really, really don't want to do a hard reset. I'm considering restoring my phone back to before the update. Or is that just postponing the problem?
Say, Nokia get their finger out of their bum and release the tethering update, will my battery start sucking again then? Any suggestions?

Oh, and my usage has not changed at all.

:mad:

Last edited:

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I'd run a few 100% to shutdown battery cycles and see if that fixes the calibration. If not, might need a hard reset I'm afraid.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I really, really don't want to do a hard reset. I'm considering restoring my phone back to before the update. Or is that just postponing the problem?

Say, Nokia get their finger out of their bum and release the tethering update, will my battery start sucking again then? Any suggestions?

Oh, and my usage has not changed at all.

:mad:
So what is the big deal with doing a hard reset. It is is usually the cure all for all things not hardware related. With about 200 apps/games, I can tell you it sucks big time, but each time I finish (4 in 15 months) the phone runs smoother an I am glad I did it. First one got rid of several HTC bugs that they still don't admit ever existed.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

trmnta82

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
So what is the big deal with doing a hard reset.

In your own words, it sucks.

I don't want to do a hard reset unless I know that it's going to fix the problem. Then I'd rather set it back to before the update, when I know it was good. I don't want to erase all my phone history, texts, customized stuff, not to mention my setting up all my email accounts, etc. just to see if something might work.

I didn't have any of the other problems that this update was supposed to "fix", no problems with Wi-Fi, keyboard, email, voicemail, or anything like that. The only two problems I have ever had with the phone before the update was the fact that it was sold to me stating the wrong specs (they said it had quadband hdspa, which it does not), and that texts occasionally come in with the wrong time stamp (yeah, I get texts from the future, it's awesome...). Other than that, it's been perfect.

I just don't understand how an update that was supposed to make stuff better could make it worse...:mad:

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
The battery is my biggest gripe with the Lumia. I can get decent battery life provided I turn off 3G otherwise pants. I did eventually perform a wipe but it did nothing and tbh with the Windows Phone itself being pretty stable it is not the cure it once was.

This leaves me with only one further option which is bite the bullet and get one of the spares it the biggest wipe of them all :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre