Hi all,

For UK orange/T-mob users who have their phones "roam" between the two services in poor coverage areas, have you found that this absolutely chews through battery?

I've been on Orange for a week and some days battery has been the usual 2 days or so. Some days, it's been nearly dead after half a day with the same level of use. The only difference has been in one part of my house my Lumia flips from Orange to T-mob with the network share thing, and I'm guessing this that's draining away loads of power.

Anyone else seen this, or do I have another problem?
    02-16-2012 03:12 AM
    My office is the equivalent of your house. I have suspected this for a while, certainly it only affects the L800 never caused me problems on my Omnia 7.

I think it probably is a contributing factor for sure. The problem is the L800 has so many battery performance related issues it is difficult to put your finger on any one thing.
    02-16-2012 05:22 AM
    Just as a test, I turned off roaming and made sure I left my phone in the part of my house where signal is OK - sure enough, battery is fine. Looks like it's the constant re-searching for networks that's killing it.
    02-17-2012 03:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD