04-29-2012 01:24 PM
85 ... 234
tools
    Did you disable the Xbox Live connectivity? As soon as I did that my battery life dramatically improved. I was barely getting to mid afternoon at that point, and was considering returning the handset. I think the Xbox thing must keep polling too aggressively or something. I'm not yet on 12070 (11500 I think) and I leave Wifi and 3G on all the time. I think disabling these as a 'solution' is pretty pointless on a smartphone.

My phone currently always lasts a day, and occasionally runs out before bed time if I have used it intensively. So hopefully it will be much improved when T-Mobile UK finally pull their finger out and approve the 12070 update. I'm looking forward to actually being able to use the headphones for music too. I honestly cannot understand how the Lumia made it onto the market with the headphone output sounding so utterly cack.
    Yes yes I disabled Xbox live connectivity but this did not have any effect, I also set the time and network manually..I have both wifi and 3g ON all the time. The phone has been on for 12hours and is at 23% at the moment, this means that it barely lasts me through a whole day and this is without use!
    04-12-2012 05:27 PM
    Yes yes I disabled Xbox live connectivity but this did not have any effect, I also set the time and network manually..I have both wifi and 3g ON all the time. The phone has been on for 12hours and is at 23% at the moment, this means that it barely lasts me through a whole day and this is without use!
    Well, I ran my test today, 3G and WiFi all day and got 13 hours before the phone hit 30% and battery saver kicked in. That was with what I would call moderate use, i.e. about 20-30 texts, some web browsing, a few check ins on foursquare and intermittent Words by Post.

It's less than I expected, but still manageable as I'll be going to bed shortly anyway. The problem being that a normal day for me will be 18 hours or so and the phone just isn't going to last with both enabled for that length of time.

However, when I consider that with 3G off (or only turned on when I need it) and WiFi on I get about 48-60 hours out of the phone; it really becomes evident how much juice 3G requires.

I want to be clear that I'm not complaining about the battery life; as I've said, I rarely use the 3G unless I'm out and about and want to check/do something and that's a solution that works for me that I'm perfectly happy with.
    04-12-2012 06:58 PM
    How's your signal strength? My handset is in HSPA mode mostly so maybe that's why I get a bit more life out of the battery.
    04-12-2012 07:48 PM
    Right where I'm sitting now I get full mobile signal, but the data connection would swap between GPRS, Edge, 3G and HSPA for a lot of the day. Same goes for when I'm in college, it's a fairly large building so I'll usually only get GPRS in hallways and 3G/HSPA in rooms if I sit near a window.

I'm fully aware that it is more than likely the sub-par data connection in my area (outskirts of a small town) that is putting extra strain on the battery. I'm confident that if I was located in a big city the problem would be significantly less.

That said I really have no problem turning 3G on and off as needed, I have the link right there on my home screen and it takes about 2 seconds. I did the same thing on my android phones to conserve battery as well. I am perhaps lucky in that I don't rank emails or other notifications as important (if it was important they would call), so being constantly connected is non-essential.
    04-13-2012 10:43 AM
    yay, just got my update last night, my phone is from taiwan btw
    04-13-2012 01:35 PM
    Finally music actually sounds right. Woo hoo!
    04-13-2012 04:04 PM
    Are all of you guys with the new firmware getting the volume bug? I keep getting nagged to update and it would be nice to have some extra battery life, but my ears are really sensitive so the volume bug would be a deal breaker.
    04-16-2012 11:09 PM
    Yeah I am. The bug is pretty annoying. You just gotta know how to work it. When listening to music make sure your over vol 14. And I'm not sure if anyone else gets this but my vol is full ball all the time if its set between 1-4 so I have to keep my phone on vibrate or over 4 when in the office. Just noticed this one so gonna be in touch with Nokia about it for any help.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    04-23-2012 07:42 PM
    The 12072 FW update fixes this issue. So far only Vodafone users getting it.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express
    04-28-2012 11:02 AM
    It is also available through cab sender method now ;)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    04-29-2012 01:24 PM
85 ... 234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD