New firmware 12070 sound bug

aseemmanutd

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
There is a new bug in the 12070 firmware being rolled out in India and Singapore. I found this post in Xda-Dev.

xda-developers - View Single Post - 1600.2487.8107.12070 ROM is out

I did a test and confirmed this bug. Now I would like to know whether this problem is localized to people who flashed the firmware (which I did) or is it troubling the people who did the zune update or the cab install. The test is simple. Just lower down your volume to less than 10 and start playing music (headphones or speaker either will do). Then call your Lumia. As soon as the call comes, the music is blasted full volume for maybe 0.5 to 1 second then it pipes down and the ringtone starts playing at full volume for 0.5 to 1 second and then it goes down to the low volume level which you have set. After rejecting or finishing the call, the music starts playing at full volume for 1 sec and then it returns to low volume.

Also this bug is present when even you are not playing music. Keep the phone to a low volume of less than 10 and call your phone. The ringtone blasts at full volume for a sec and the pipes down to lower volume. Imagine if you were in a seminar or meeting and lower the volume down to 1-2, this would result in a disaster. So in solving the bass problems, they actually gave it a new bug. Maybe Nokia should do better Internal testing.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
I have that bug after flashing the new firmware. Though I can live with it. I always have volume between 20-30 or otherwise just on vibrate. I rather have the music sound good than reverting back to old firmware to get rid of this bug.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I was aware of the bug but the benefit of the battery made me do it anyway. It really is not a problem for me I either turn off the sound or have it full up.

On the plus side my phone has lasted all day and it has had a moderately busy day at that, a few long calls, lots of browsing and even a good dose of Fruit NinJa. I even played some Nokia Music on it just to listen to the bass which was also noticeably better still not brilliant but better.

Looks like they have finally cracked it... Makes you wonder what took so long.

kinslayer

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
I was aware of the bug but the benefit of the battery made me do it anyway. It really is not a problem for me I either turn off the sound or have it full up.

On the plus side my phone has lasted all day and it has had a moderately busy day at that, a few long calls, lots of browsing and even a good dose of Fruit NinJa. I even played some Nokia Music on it just to listen to the bass which was also noticeably better still not brilliant but better.

Looks like they have finally cracked it... Makes you wonder what took so long.

3G enabled?

M

mkr10001

Is this because you guys didn't wait for it to be officially released for you through zune?

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
The method of delivery would make no difference to if the actual firmware was bugged. I have a different bug, music skips once per track on most tracks over Bluetooth.

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

M

mkr10001

I do.

The CAB Sender method applies the update in exactly the same was as Zune does.

Yeah, but what I'm saying is if people weren't so impatient and just waited for it to officially be released via zune for their country then it might not have that bug.

If you update via unofficial means I have no sympathy for you if you don't like the results

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
The workaround seems to be to tap silent/vibrate when turning down the volume below 10. Then the music volume stays the same during incoming call.

Ofcourse You wont notice the call unless You have vibrate on or actually look at the screen.

Still. The benefits far outweighs this annoyance.

Weust

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
I updated my phone this morning, and been noticing the phone having PROBLEMS CONTROLLING THE VOLUME OF IT'S VOICE (Austin Power reference).

Not just the ringtone volume, but also the USB connecting.
I hook it up to USB to charge is here at work.

Detail: I updated using the Zune tool on Mac OS X.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Stay above 14 in volume or set silent/vibrate. It is a faulty face in setting in the firmware fading in from 30 instead of 0, affects all sounds :-S But it only seems to happen if volume is lower than 14

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

sj55555

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
There is a new bug in the 12070 firmware being rolled out in India and Singapore. I found this post in Xda-Dev.

xda-developers - View Single Post - 1600.2487.8107.12070 ROM is out

I did a test and confirmed this bug. Now I would like to know whether this problem is localized to people who flashed the firmware (which I did) or is it troubling the people who did the zune update or the cab install. The test is simple. Just lower down your volume to less than 10 and start playing music (headphones or speaker either will do). Then call your Lumia. As soon as the call comes, the music is blasted full volume for maybe 0.5 to 1 second then it pipes down and the ringtone starts playing at full volume for 0.5 to 1 second and then it goes down to the low volume level which you have set. After rejecting or finishing the call, the music starts playing at full volume for 1 sec and then it returns to low volume.

Also this bug is present when even you are not playing music. Keep the phone to a low volume of less than 10 and call your phone. The ringtone blasts at full volume for a sec and the pipes down to lower volume. Imagine if you were in a seminar or meeting and lower the volume down to 1-2, this would result in a disaster. So in solving the bass problems, they actually gave it a new bug. Maybe Nokia should do better Internal testing.
Yup. I happens to me too. Maybe the third time will be the charm.

karios

Dec 21, 2010
www.kariosgames.com
I have the same problem.
Unlocked Lumia 800, waited for Zune to offer the update officially. This one drove me crazy for many hours. I have been adding a volume control to my upcoming game, MonsterUp Adventures, and it was going bananas at times. I couldn't find what I was doing wrong with the code. It took me a while to find out that the problem was with the Lumia and not with my code. I then tried the same code with an LG E900 and with the emulator and it worked fine.
This bug affects all sounds. From the "now charging" sound when you connect the USB to the ringtone when it fades in. It's starting to get annoying for me.

rlego

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
same problem :( I had Lumia 800 about few days (HTC Mozart in the past). Firts second of ringtone in toooo loud, then is ok. In games, volume +- is working as they want. 1-10 is extreme loud, 10-13-20 is acceptable. what the ****?? :dry

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb