I did this last night and it worked well. Its a little harder that just plugging in to Zune but if you are tired of waiting and are a little adventures go for it I did. For me it worked as advertised was fairly simple to do. I will be testing this week and will report back on the results.

Link > How to force update Nokia Lumia 800 to latest firmware 12070 | SymbianTweet
    CocoaBlossom likes this.
    03-17-2012 07:47 AM
    Just did it and it works fine. Really simple to do. Thanks
    03-20-2012 12:19 PM
    Hello I am new in this page. I have a doubt if I force the update will I receive any other updates that will be available after this one?.Thank you in advance
    03-25-2012 11:26 AM
    I followed the instructions and had no issues. Orange UK and rumour has it they aren't even looking at this firmware yet so I decided to stop waiting. My battery was okay beforehand to be honest but I wanted the audio improvements. That said it wasn't as good as it is now, I've been running a little test with 3g and wireless off unless required (using the toggle app pinned to start which is a Godsend) and current stats are:

Remaining : 55%
    Time remaining: 23 hours
    Time since last charge: 1 days 18 hours

Discharge is around 70 mA

That's with over 20 texts and maybe 30 mins total phone call time. Plus the odd bit of wireless/3g on when required and the normal checking the phone for messages etc. Hardly scientific but pretty good battery life I thought.
    03-27-2012 05:42 AM
    Just as an update, you can check when your carrier is releasing the update here:

Nokia Europe - Nokia Lumia 800 software update - Availability

Still quite a few 'waiting for approval' (including Orange UK)
    03-29-2012 12:31 AM
    Cgfdd
    04-26-2012 06:25 AM
    Here's one for you. My phone has no update notification, the manual cab files to force the update won't work. My partners phone has been updated though. We have the same model, same network and the phone numbers are consecutive.

How's that?

I want the latest updates but seems I have to wait.
    02-02-2013 12:44 PM
    I unstickied this. It's almost a year and I don't want anyone thinking it's for the 7.8 update.
    02-03-2013 09:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD