Is this a battery issue??

CuteBug

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I purchased a Nokia Lumia 800 few days ago.
I updated the firmware to 1600.2487.8107.12070 via Zune.

After that when I charged it fully, in the On Device Diagnostic Tools (Battery Status) showed the Full Charged Capacity as 1474 mAh.
Next day morning the charge was down to 30% so I charged it again for 2 hrs. It became fully charged and the diagnostic tool showed the Full Charge Capacity as 1454 mAh.
Today morning, the batter had discharged to 25%, I charged it again and it initially showed Full Charged Capacity to be 1395 mAh.

After full charge, I restarted it and now it shows Full Charge capacity as 1394 mAh.

Is this normal? Why is the total capacity decreasing day by day? Is it because I am not letting the phone discharge fully before charging it?

I heard that the new phones' batteries do not have the memory effect. So what else could be the issue?

Last edited:

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I think you should just quit worrying about it and just use the device. There is a reason that the battery bar is hidden because you shouldn't need to worry about it.

Fahad Majidi

May 2, 2012
Visit site
Question Mark On Battery Icon on nokia lumia 800... Need Help

Hi, I bought my new nokia lumia 800 on 4th of April. The battery time was excellent. But few days back I saw Question Mark on battery icon. I tried to update my Lumia 800 (and already updated to latest firmware) but still question mark on Battery Icon. Can anyone please help me I am really upset.
When you go to setting>>> Battery saver (it keeps on changing like when I charged my Lumia 800 full 100% and after disconnecting from Charging it showed 88%) the percentage keeps on changing in battery saver option.
also when you go to diagnostic Tool, it dont show anything.. Anyone please help me. I also reset my nokia lumia 800 few times but same result.
Carrier: telekom Deutchland SW variant ID201v.06
OS version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware version: 1600.2487.8107.12070
Hardware version: 112.1402.2.4
Chip version: 0.74.2.1

CuteBug

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
It's been 1 month now since I started using the Nokia Lumia 800 and I am very happy with it.
After a long time, I checked the battery status using the diagnostics tool.
It now shows that the max charge capacity is 1352 mAH.
:(

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
It's been 1 month now since I started using the Nokia Lumia 800 and I am very happy with it.
After a long time, I checked the battery status using the diagnostics tool.
It now shows that the max charge capacity is 1352 mAH.
:(

I refer you back to some earlier advice about just using the phone. Fixating on the battery tools is likened to watching a kettle boil.

I just use my phone and never once give a thought for the battery. The condition of course is provided when I take off charge at 6 AM and put it back at Midnight that at no point did the phone indicate it was running out of power (I have everything on and multiple sync'd email accounts).

Believe me before the last firmware update I was looking at that bad boy a lot but then I had the battery saver kicking in in the early afternoon even on moderate use days.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans