Looking for a suggestion....

iFalcon

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
I have a Lumia 800 on the way that I will use with AT&T. I was wondering what is the best method to have things ready to go for the SIM swap.

I'm currently using the iPhone 4S, but have the original Samsung Focus. Keep in mind I am am grandfathered with the unlimitied data plan. Would it be best for me to switch to the Focus and get the proper plan back in place. Would it make it easier and safer when it came to moving my sim to the 800?

Thanks.

iFalcon

Sep 1, 2006
Visit site
Okay. Do you have a link or settings for the correct APN?

I didn't think the existing iPhone data plan would work.

Thanks for the quick response.

Kenal0

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I am using my iPhone 4s sim in my Nokia 800. Swapping the sim will work but you will not be able to send MMS messages. Everything else will work fine including Visual voicemail.

Kenal0

AkiraNakayama

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I actually just switched to a Nokia Lumia 900 from an iPhone 4S. Had it for about a week before I decided that the Lumia 800 is better suited for me. So I bought one off eBay. Love it much much more than the 900!

Problem is, I can't get Visual Voicemail to work on it. (I'm on AT&T, as well.) Am I doing something wrong?

Kenal0

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
I actually just switched to a Nokia Lumia 900 from an iPhone 4S. Had it for about a week before I decided that the Lumia 800 is better suited for me. So I bought one off eBay. Love it much much more than the 900!

Problem is, I can't get Visual Voicemail to work on it. (I'm on AT&T, as well.) Am I doing something wrong?
The only setting I put in the phone was under the APN, I put the word phone under the APN.
I did not fill in any other fields. I have no idea if this did anything but the visual voicemail does work.
Kenal0

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss