Lumia 800 - Nokia Drive 2.0

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
I have noticed that this app does not allow search by street number eg. 20 Long St,Cape Town whether on or off line mode. Tried changing the format to eg. 20, Long St, Cape Town. The search always results in not finding. Typing Long St only reveals results associated with Long St but no street number like with a Garmin device. Has anyone else experienced the same?The lastest South African maps are installed on the phone.
The Nokia Maps have no problem with search by street number.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
You are right. Doesn't work for me either in Sweden.

Personally though I always just enter the street name so I did not notice this shortcoming prior reading this thread. For being free Nokia Drive is fantastic though and I guess you have to buy Navigon to get extra features.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Well it does actually work for me too. It's just that I assumes it didn't bwcause it stopped giving me suggestions as i typed them. But it worked as I entered them. Clumsy of me!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Well it does actually work for me too. It's just that I assumes it didn't bwcause it stopped giving me suggestions as i typed them. But it worked as I entered them. Clumsy of me!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Thanks but this FREE app works well, lets hope an updated version will allow for more comprehensive search fields like Garmin/Garmap that has the abilty to search by Number in a Street and more.:lol:

It is patently clear that the present version of Nokia Drive does not have the ability to search by Number in street, on the other hand it forms part of a AWESOME PHONE in my opinion:)

Ivanr53

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Problem solved - Study the "Nokia Drive 2.0 User Guide and you will notice that no where it states that you need touch the "Backspace/Enter Key" after entering your search destination. This user guide makes look as if the search is automatic, typical of manuals written by Asian speakers.Yes now I agree with the statement - Can navigate to a street number - this is a fact. Perhaps Nokia could rewrite these user manuals so that they speak/read english.
Still think it is an AWESOME PHONE with a AWESOME OS.
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs