How to import PDF's etc

entimp

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I chop n change files on my phone daily... well I did on my ex Blackberry.

Now owning a Lumia 800, great phone... but how do I transfer files over to the phone via USB? Such as PDF's

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
You can email PDFs to yourself. And there are several Marketplace apps to move file from your PC to isolated storage on your devices. But all you can do with PDFs is view them. No way to email as an attachment.

An alternative is moving PDFs to Dropbox or SkyDrive, and sending links in emails. Several ways to view files in those Cloud locations.

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

entimp

May 21, 2012
Visit site
Not keen on using cloud storage or emailing files, I live in a part of the world where internet speeds and charges are medieval... Australia. Net drops out all the time and I just want to plug the phone into a pc at work or home and get my files fast.

I've researched this more and now bitterly disappointed I purchased this phone... a Windows Smart Phone with no ability to transfer files other than JPG's or MP3's via USB?

GeertJan Stoop

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi ENTIMP

I found this thread just now while searching for a way to circumvent Zune. Hopefully you have solved the problem in the meantime, otherwise, read on.

Try wp7 Transport Service from MDR Applications. The phone app costs $ 0.99, the PC app is free. They work together via USB (wired) or WiFi (home network).

Make a rule in Windows Firewall (control panel>windows firewall>advanced settings) to open port 1024 (inbound and outbound) for 'wp7 transport service'.

Also, you have to run the PC app 'as administrator'.

Find the apps at >market place>tools & productivity>transporter and at MDR Applications

Good luck,

GJS

alternatemanio

May 30, 2013
Visit site
You can email PDFs to yourself. And there are several Marketplace apps to move file from your PC to isolated storage on your devices. But all you can do with PDFs is view them. No way to email as an attachment.

An alternative is moving PDFs to Dropbox or SkyDrive, and sending links in emails. Several ways to view files in those Cloud locations.
the skydrive app on Lumia 800 does not work one will always get a permissions problem
if you try to access the file using Lumia 800 which was uploaded from a computer there will be a permissions problem

skydrive app has not worked so far with lumia 800 ....dropbox is the only solution

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa