Windows Live Messenger Profile Picture Not Updating on Phone

pickled_lemur

May 30, 2012
Visit site
A minor but infuriating problem.

It used to be that the 'Me' tile, and profile, would display whatever icon I uploaded to Windows Live Messenger via my PC.

Then one day I was fiddling around with the profile options on my phone and idly hit 'post' in the Update Profile Picture section. I got a 'can't update picture' message, and now the Me tile and my profile picture is just blank.

Now, whenever I upload a new icon to Live Messenger on my PC, the tile on my phone remains blank - it won't update, not even after manually synchronising it.

If I select a photo on my phone as my profile picture, it updates on my PC, but won't do it the other way round!

I'm so angry at myself - I wish I'd never touched the stupid thing. I just want it back to the way it was before. :(

pickled_lemur

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh wait, I think I've sorted it. I was pretty sure I'd already tried this before and it didn't work, but I changed the profile pic via my phone, waited for it to update on my PC, then selected a different icon on the PC, and the phone updated! Phew, I can stop grinding my teeth now.

pickled_lemur

May 30, 2012
Visit site
Well, yes, I already knew that. :p The point was that there was some kind of hiccup going on between Messenger on my phone and Messenger on my PC, which was preventing the icon from updating. But it seems to have righted itself now. :)

tsvetelinasp

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
how to keep my windows live picture on the me tile on my windows phone when i connect the facebook account, it shows the facebook picture and i want to show my windows live picture :)

Thanks in advance for your help

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3