Calibrate battery?

Skyandsun

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

Is it necessary for me to calibrate the battery at all on the lumia 800? Nothing in the manual about this being needed to take good care of the battery.

By calibrate I mean charge to full, fully discharge, then charge back up again.

Thanks.

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
No, no need for that. Avoid getting it fully discharged too much it makes its life shorter in the long run. Charge whenever you want, how often you want. Lithium batteries feel good when charged often. You don't have to fully charge every time either you can make short charges as well.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
No need to condition your battery. Try not to let your battery fully discharge in rare cases the battery could cease to charge. The other thing you can do to help keep your batter in good shape is to make sure it doesn't get hot when charging.

wings400

May 21, 2012
Visit site
the new l-ion batteries do not need any calibration. with fully discharging the battery you make more damage than benefit

Skyandsun

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. I was under the impression I still needed to calibrate the battery but will not bother now. Incidentally I get about 1.5 - 2 days out of the phone before it needs recharging.

denis81

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Here's a weird testimonial:
I feel my battery life increases day by day. When I got my Lumia 800 my battery ends after 24 hours (mid user). Sometimes I turn off the data connection (3G) and I got 48 hours.
That would be normal, if my battery life has not increased. Now, in the same scenario (3G data connection ON) I got 36-hour of battery life, with no firmware updates.
It looks like the phone runs out of power because the OS said that, not because its battery meter (if such thing exists in this smartphone).
This is only based on in my impressions.
:)

Last edited:

wings400

May 21, 2012
Visit site
my battery life was like:

1st day: <24h
2nd-7th day: <18h :mad:

after that I turned off feedback, nokia feedback, vibrations, xboxlive, locations, background tasks and started quitting the apps with the back button instead the windows key, reduced screen timeout to 30s, set e-mail sync from 15m to 1h. then:

8th day: >24h
9th day: >28h
10th day: >32h
... now I can get 2 straight work days with middle usage (30min. phone calls, 2 sms, 3 e-mails, 10 min. playing Jazz Jackrabbit, 15 min. rss reading thru WIFI - all per day) (all day EDGE is on + 4 mail account syncing every hour, autobrightness ON)(sometimes i turn off EDGE from morning until 1pm if i dont wait any important mails)

SLO Eclipse

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
hi, I am writing here beacuse I don't want to start a new thread, but I really getting annoyed. I have a lumia 800 with the .12070 firmwere version, and have all the battery draining options except for wifi and autobrightness turned off, running 2 live tiles, 3 emails (sync set for 1h), and a facebook account, with almost no music, max 20min of calls, 20 sms per day, no games, and a little browsing on internet. My battery lasts me 10 hours on a good day, usually runs on critical after 8hours :/ any suggestions?

wings400

May 21, 2012
Visit site
are you using darker backgrounds?

I suggest:

1. do a hard reset
2. after that install just the necessary apps! the more apps you have the faster the battery drains even if they are not opend (I dont know why, but this was my case)
3. do not install any messaging apps like im+ or facebook. but really. when Ive had these installed, even when I disabled their background activity and quitted them properly, my battery was depleted in a blink of an eye
4. disable all the battery draining features those I have write upper

this is what Ive done, and my battery life got a lot better

The thing is that WP7 has a very bad idle consumption regulation. I hope WP8 fixes this HUUUUGE issue. :)

tsvetelinasp

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
No, no need for that. Avoid getting it fully discharged too much it makes its life shorter in the long run. Charge whenever you want, how often you want. Lithium batteries feel good when charged often. You don't have to fully charge every time either you can make short charges as well.
Ive read somewhere that the battery must be 100% full to disconnect it from the charge
You say that its not nessecary

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos