Me tile not updating

bijvin

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
Hey wp7 users, is anyone else s me tile not updating/flipping on the homescreen. Mine has stopped showing me the count of new items, restarting the phone hasnt helped .

If anyone could suggest smthng to get this fixed...

Thnks

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Try deleting sync'ed accounts from your phone and re-entering your credentials. Best I can think of.

My facebook profile wouldn't sync and doing that fixed it.

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
not had this, but try re-syncing your twitter and facebook acounts. Do this by going to Settings / Email & Accounts then long press on facebook twitter etc and select synchronise.

Also try going in to facebook website account settings and making sure that Microsoft/Windows Phone are able to access your info and send you notifications.

Last edited:

stueyboy1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
There is a definite problem with Facebook and Windows phone these days. All my posts and picture uploads are now posted with "only me" privacy and no amount of setting privacy to friends, deleting and re-synching the account on the phone or anythign else is sorting it.

There are some comments going about related to the Windows Phone Facebook app and setting the privacy setting there but it seems as though this has been pulled from Facebook recently.

It's a real problem for me as it is one of the best features of WP that you can quickly share through the picture and Me hubs. I've sent a request to Facebook to see what's going on and would encourage others to do the same if your problem persists.

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
There is a definite problem with Facebook and Windows phone these days. All my posts and picture uploads are now posted with "only me" privacy and no amount of setting privacy to friends, deleting and re-synching the account on the phone or anythign else is sorting it.

There are some comments going about related to the Windows Phone Facebook app and setting the privacy setting there but it seems as though this has been pulled from Facebook recently.

It's a real problem for me as it is one of the best features of WP that you can quickly share through the picture and Me hubs. I've sent a request to Facebook to see what's going on and would encourage others to do the same if your problem persists.

Go into Facebook Account Settings / Apps / Microsoft and change it from only me to friends.

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the hint. That was the first thing I tried. No effect.
After you tried it did you then re-synchronise your facebook account in Windows Phone settings by doing the long press?

Just guessing here now tbh.

edit - just re-read your earlier post, I see you tried resynching.

stueyboy1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
After you tried it did you then re-synchronise your facebook account in Windows Phone settings by doing the long press?

Just guessing here now tbh.

edit - just re-read your earlier post, I see you tried resynching.

Thanks but yes tried that too. Also tried, deleting the account from the phone, Live.com and the Microsoft app from facebook and starting again (all in different orders). Tried logging in with my facebook.com e-mail address.

Several of the fixes for this sort of problem suggest editing the privacy settings on the Windows Phone for Facebook app (there is even a link) but that app no longer exists and Facebook is now supposed to use the default privacy settings when receiving posts and info from Windows Phone but some users experience problems.

I've submitted a request to Facebook to look into it. Quite annoying really

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thanks but yes tried that too. Also tried, deleting the account from the phone, Live.com and the Microsoft app from facebook and starting again (all in different orders). Tried logging in with my facebook.com e-mail address.

Several of the fixes for this sort of problem suggest editing the privacy settings on the Windows Phone for Facebook app (there is even a link) but that app no longer exists and Facebook is now supposed to use the default privacy settings when receiving posts and info from Windows Phone but some users experience problems.

I've submitted a request to Facebook to look into it. Quite annoying really

the Windows Phone app did get removed, but was replaced by a Microsoft app, here's what mine looks like and is set to.

FBMSAPP.jpg

allibone

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Just remembered, the only other thing I did that remedied my Me Tile not updating was checking all boxes in my live.com account settings for facebook.

here's what mine looks like.

LVFBAPP-2.jpg

awesumjon

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I've been having a problem of my Me Tile not updating (HD7) too and so has my sis (Lumia 710). Mine has been showing 4 notifications even though those were a couple days ago and I've already checked them. For the record there's never anything new. Nothing has been working to fix this. Central Time.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

stueyboy1

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Just remembered, the only other thing I did that remedied my Me Tile not updating was checking all boxes in my live.com account settings for facebook.

here's what mine looks like.

Yep, all of that is set the same on my account as well. It's a complete mystery and quite annoying. Started happening about 6 weeks ago around the time that the facebook.com e-mail addresses started to be defaulted to everyone's accounts.

cherry143

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Tango video call was great

Tango video call was great. I can finally stay keep in touch 4 free with some of relatives from other places.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)