Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
It is Tango. Tethering is there allright, have'nt Found flip to silence

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

Sib85

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
i doubt other countries will get it at the 27th, i'll just keep my fingers crossed then, hopefully quicker than anticipated :p

Markyyy

Apr 11, 2012
Visit site
why do nokia have to submit to the service providers? Why can't nokia themselves allow us to update our handsets? Is tango going to come with any other minor updates other than the main ones specified? I really want to be able to set the general volume of the phone differently to the volume of the ringtone.

On a side note, does anyone agree the lumia 800's vibrator isnt anywhere near aggressive enough?.. I can't really feel it vibrating in my pocket when I'm moving (cycling, running, even walking) It's just a subtle buzz. I'm more likely to hear the vibration than feel it lol, it's quite noisey :/, but that defeats the purpose of having vibration functionality.

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
For UK users (possibly worth trying in other regions too), you can try "tricking" the update now. I've just done mine (Vodafone UK); although for some reason the updates weren't packaged together and instead required 3 installs. Thankfully just the one backup required though.

You can check the following link for availability - Software Update availability for Nokia Lumia phones in Europe - Nokia

Put your phone in airplane mode and connect it to your computer.

Open Zune, let it detect your phone.

Go to Settings > Phone and then click on Update.

If it doesn't find one, click away to another option.

Now, click back on Update and after about 4 seconds, disable your computer's internet connection. I find it useful to count it in seconds up to 4; where you disable your internet on 4, so 1 - 2 - 3 - disconnect.

It might take a few tries to get it right, but if it finds an update, reconnect your internet and then click to proceed with the update.

Others might have a different experience, but I had to "trick" the second update as well and then the 3rd one was detected automatically.

---

Internet sharing works a treat, but I've not sent any MMS messages or received a phone call yet to test those features.

The Nokia Play To app is available in the UK, but it looks like we'll be waiting a bit longer for Counter, Camera Extras and Contact Share.

Sib85

Jun 18, 2012
Visit site
my region still don't have the update, weird though nokia's site already state the update's ready

nokia trolling? :dry

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Once the software is made it's out of Nokia's hands. Its up to the carriers to push it to you.

But, if the Nokia site says it's ready then its worth trying the Zune trick I mentioned earlier.

SnailUK

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
why do Nokia have to submit to the service providers?

Because Nokia's customer is the Telco. Therefore they supply their fix to the telco, the telco need to the test it, and apply any fixes they need over the top then supply it to Microsoft, so it comes to us.

Just buy an unlocked phone, and then the telco doesn't come into the equation.

anon(5342392)

May 27, 2012
Visit site
Wow! Took a fair few tries but this definitely does work. Hats off to the clever person who discovered this trick and realised it wasn't just a random accident and a proper workaround.

EDIT: Meant to quote an earlier post but accidentally deleted it. I meant the trick to get the phone to find the update on Zune, but I'm sure yous figured that out.

NL777

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Hello, I just registered here. I just wanted to tell that I also did the force update trick and everything seemed to work fine except when I came to the restarting phone part. The phone got stuck on the Nokia logo and been there for an hour :(

My phone was bought from UK and is unlocked.

WinampLlama

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I did the cab sender method. In the XDA thread, there's a link to a Lumia 800 cab (non-US version) that does add internet sharing. I'm pretty sure that it won't work on a US version 800.

s3r3naa

May 23, 2012
Visit site
I did the trick update numerous times(till I lost count :confused:) to get the 8112 & 8773 updates. Tested the flip silent function. Internet sharing option available. The one thing I couldn't find was the option to create tiles of different sizes.When I select a tile on the start screen, it doesn't have the maximise/minimize arrow icon on the bottom right of the tile as shown in the video by Ben Rudolph. Has anyone tested that option? :unsure:

vp710

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I did the trick update numerous times(till I lost count :confused:) to get the 8112 & 8773 updates. Tested the flip silent function. Internet sharing option available. The one thing I couldn't find was the option to create tiles of different sizes.When I select a tile on the start screen, it doesn't have the maximise/minimize arrow icon on the bottom right of the tile as shown in the video by Ben Rudolph. Has anyone tested that option? :unsure:

This is not included in the Tango update. It will come in November.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720