Tango on 6/27?

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I've updated to Tango through the cab sender method, and I don't see Internet Sharing. Any ideas?

Thanks

Should have used the trick update or waited ;)

Tango is the OS update that adds new MMS stuff and a few other things. Internet Sharing is part of the Nokia Lumia 800 Firmware update. The two have been released at the same time but not in the same package.

kingp

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone, in the US, received the Tango update yet? I have an unlocked Lumia 800 (RM-819) and still no sign of it. I won't update via Cab Sender, and my attempts at using the Zune update trick haven't been fruitful.

Anyone?

Chinocop

Jan 26, 2012
Visit site
I bought mine from Clover in the UK. I never received the 12070 fix so I had to manually update it. Since then, I've just done the manual updates because I've grown tired waiting for the them to come.

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
+1 after waiting months for an update for my BBBold 9000 (2009) I sprung for a leaked OS. And did so ever since.

Why wait when You are willing and able to make the change on Your own!

Sent from my Lumia 800 using Board Express

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
What I find baffling is how the unlocked version of the 800 sold by Nokia itself is still waiting 'for approval' for the upgrade..

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
hmm.. Update for mins is available but even the wifi trick aint working..

I manually updated to 12072..

Would this stop future updates at all?

Beach or Club? : Nick Sheldon - Nick Sheldon - England Blues Portugal Highs - 24.06.12 | Mixcloud - Re-think radio
It shouldn't do; I manually updated to 12070 but was able to WiFi trick these updates.

If you're doing the trick update, make sure your phone is in flight/airplane mode. If it still doesn't work then I'd leave it until tomorrow to try again :)

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It shouldn't do; I manually updated to 12070 but was able to WiFi trick these updates.

If you're doing the trick update, make sure your phone is in flight/airplane mode. If it still doesn't work then I'd leave it until tomorrow to try again :)

Aah.. Didn't do the airplane mode.. Cheers matey.. Will try it in a bit :)

jebnuta website

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone, in the US, received the Tango update yet? I have an unlocked Lumia 800 (RM-819) and still no sign of it. I won't update via Cab Sender, and my attempts at using the Zune update trick haven't been fruitful.

Anyone?

Same here brother. I got RM819 on tmob and 7.10.8107.79 and no update whatsoever :(

Update will come later, but who knows when ...

That sux

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Superb..

Airplane mode did the trick :)

Can anyone tell me where the tethering option is please?

Beach or Club? : Nick Sheldon - Nick Sheldon - England Blues Portugal Highs - 24.06.12 | Mixcloud - Re-think radio
It's in settings under Internet Sharing.

If your update has happened in the same way mine did, you might need to do the update trick again to get next OS update to 7.10.8773.98 and then the firmware update (which includes tethering) should trigger trigger automatically after that.

For whatever reason the updates don't seem to be bundled together this time around.

cgk

Nov 25, 2011
Visit site
As far as I can telk, All the manual update method does is gets past the 24hr cache in zune, if they haven't actually released the update for your model/region it will never work

theboo

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
As far as I can telk, All the manual update method does is gets past the 24hr cache in zune, if they haven't actually released the update for your model/region it will never work

Sounds reasonable, but what confuses me is that I wasnt able to get the 7.10.8107.79 update (quite old) the last days for my new phone. I tried (and maybe failed) that trick, too. Today I searched for updates again - still up2date as of zune.

Did that trick again, and I'm updating to 7.10.8107.79 right now... pretty weird system

Last edited:

neocero

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
So, I've updated my phone via zune, to os version 8773, but my firmware version is totally outdated, and I don't have any of the Tango features. Everytime I check for updates on zune, it says that my phone is up to date. Any ideas, as to why is this happening? Any way I can actually update firmware version?
Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte