Success! Tango/firmware update for US Lumia 800

Heresy64

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
After Nokia announced yesterday that the update was available, I was able to get the Zune trick to work and successfully updated my US-market Lumia 800 today. I can report that the Nokia Camera extras app and internet sharing are working as advertised.

It was a two-step process. First I had to load the 8112 update and then repeat the process to load the 8773 and firmware updates, which came together.

If you're not familiar with the Zune trick. Here it is in a nutshell.
Switch your phone to airplane mode, then connect it with your computer. The Zune software will launch. Go into settings and find "update." Before you click on it, make sure you know how to quickly shut off your internet connection (either unplug a cable or switch off wifi). Click "update," wait a few seconds (I count to five) and then disconnect your internet connection. Zune will chew on it for awhile and in about 30 seconds give you one of three messages: 1) It was unable to find an update--which means you shut off your internet too soon; 2) Your phone is up-to-date--which means you waited too long; or 3) Update is available.

If you get message 3, reconnect to the internet and follow the procedures to update your phone and you are on your way. If you keep getting messages 1 or 2 you can either keep trying (try counting to four or to six) or wait for the update to get pushed to your phone. One other tip: make sure your phone is not set to connect with Zune as a guest.

As stated before, you will need to do the trick twice. The first time will be to download the 8112 update. Once that is complete, you will need to repeat the trick (disconnect everything and start from scratch) to download the 8773 update and the Nokia firmware update. You will need all three for the update to be complete.

Good luck!

jebnuta website

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
YES but !!!

I tried to do it on my 800 US and it worked.

The "but" is there, because if you have real fast PC like i do, u cant wait 3-5 sec. I was getting respond about update availability in 3 sec, so there was no chance to do it in 3-5 sec trick.
Than i tried disconnect internet in 1 sec and whoa-la, new update was available right there ;)

So, if you getting quick respond after hitting UPDATE, try unplug your internet in 1-2 sec.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
So I did this trick, and I got the 8112 and the 8773 update. However, there was no associated Nokia update with the second update. No matter how hard I try, I can't seem to get it to download a third update either. Could it be becuase I technically have an imported European Lumia 800 that I'm using in the US?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3