Tango Manual Update Woes

SODIron

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So I got bored waiting for Vodafone UK to provide the new Tango updates for my Lumia 800 and did the manual updates yesterday. All looks OK, I have internet tethering now however I have a couple of odd 'quirks' since doing the update.

Settings/Menu Options Not Working

When I go into Settings>WiFi, Settings>About, Settings>Keyboard, Settings>Email+Accounts, nothing happens. The screen just flashes at be as if it's about to open the settings screen but then returns to the menu.

I've tried resetting the phone using the Volume Down, Power, Camera key combination but no joy.

Anyone else seen this 'feature' or am I the lucky first?

ChrisK91

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
So I got bored waiting for Vodafone UK to provide the new Tango updates for my Lumia 800 and did the manual updates yesterday. All looks OK, I have internet tethering now however I have a couple of odd 'quirks' since doing the update.

Settings/Menu Options Not Working

When I go into Settings>WiFi, Settings>About, Settings>Keyboard, Settings>Email+Accounts, nothing happens. The screen just flashes at be as if it's about to open the settings screen but then returns to the menu.

I've tried resetting the phone using the Volume Down, Power, Camera key combination but no joy.

Anyone else seen this 'feature' or am I the lucky first?

This is most likely because you forgot some language packs. Won't happen with the official updates.

nhtmd2

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Exactly same here
how can i fix it?
already hard reset,but stills the same :/
i really not put language files in the update folder,so can i do it now and fix?

SODIron

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
So got my replacement Lumia 800 and things are all working again....still not receiving any 'Tango' updates though.. :eek:(

OS Version: 7.10.8107.79
Firmware Revision No: 1600.2487.8107.12070

I don't want to risk the manual update again as it was a major headache for me last week. Anyone any ideas as to when Vodafone UK will start pushing this out to their remaining stock in the UK?

SODIron

Jul 17, 2012
Visit site
Looks like I spoke (or rather typed) too soon...

Got back to my hotel last night and when I connected up my Lumia 800 Zune told me I had the updates waiting. :)

This morning I did note that when I was listening to music on the phone it froze and I had to do a reboot to fix. Hopefully this was just a random 'one off' issue and isn't part of any 'Tango' update issue(s).

dreamstrue

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Exactly same here
how can i fix it?
already hard reset,but stills the same :/
i really not put language files in the update folder,so can i do it now and fix?

you can add the language packs now. unless you add them you will find the same problem. so put all language cabs and update

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos