Horrible Post-Tango Battery Life

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or is anyone else's Lumia 800 getting bad battery life after updating to Tango. Before Tango (and after the "battery fix" update), I used to be able to get about a day and a half with average use. Now, if I just leave the phone idle overnight it loses about half of its charge.

I checked the diagnostics app and the power consumption seems to have reverted back to the high levels before the battery fix update. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's quite annoying not being able to make it through a full day anymore...

mprice86

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me, or is anyone else's Lumia 800 getting bad battery life after updating to Tango. Before Tango (and after the "battery fix" update), I used to be able to get about a day and a half with average use. Now, if I just leave the phone idle overnight it loses about half of its charge.

I checked the diagnostics app and the power consumption seems to have reverted back to the high levels before the battery fix update. Is anyone else experiencing this? It's quite annoying not being able to make it through a full day anymore...
Quite the opposite, with moderate use I get a full 24 hours, light use 48 hours would be about the minimum I get and very light use 60 hours plus.

That said, there is an inherent problem with these threads; in that no phone is made equal and something could be affecting your battery more than other peoples. Perhaps you live in a bad signal area and your phone spends all night trying to keep connected. Or perhaps you have a bazillion things updating and checking for notifications all night. Or perhaps an app you've installed has weird background task conditions. Or maybe you just got a duff battery.

My point being, that if you really think it's the phone, take it back and talk to the staff (or go to Nokia Care if there's one near you) to see if there's anything they can do for you. My guess is that they'll just tell you to charge it over night though.

WhiteNiteLite

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Quite the opposite, with moderate use I get a full 24 hours, light use 48 hours would be about the minimum I get and very light use 60 hours plus.

That said, there is an inherent problem with these threads; in that no phone is made equal and something could be affecting your battery more than other peoples. Perhaps you live in a bad signal area and your phone spends all night trying to keep connected. Or perhaps you have a bazillion things updating and checking for notifications all night. Or perhaps an app you've installed has weird background task conditions. Or maybe you just got a duff battery.

My point being, that if you really think it's the phone, take it back and talk to the staff (or go to Nokia Care if there's one near you) to see if there's anything they can do for you. My guess is that they'll just tell you to charge it over night though.
Thanks for your response. But the thing that I don't get is that before the Tango update, I used to get pretty good battery life. The only thing that changed was the update, which caused a significant decrease in battery life. I don't think that it's a problem with signal or apps. I also came across this thread on Nokia's site that looks like some other people are experiencing this: Nokia Support Discussions - Lumia 800 battery life becomes worse after tango u... - Nokia Support Discussions

Could this be something that only popped up in select handsets?

Mio_Ray

Nov 22, 2011
Visit site
Try to turn off location services. If helps, You should take a look at which apps are using the location service.

As I recall, there was an update to the location system, maybe it has turned one of your apps funky

iMaddin

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
I only have Wifi enabled. Never 3G because I am out of the country and the battery life is just horrible. I basically use it like an iPod touch, except that I only check stuff occasionally during the day. I don't use it to listen to music, or play games, or anything like that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss