Network setup APN issue "only latin numbers and characters allowed"

tinyskapie

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

This looks like a great app, thanks. Just want to know if I am doing anything wrong as I cannot get my APN to work.

To join our APN it authenticates with our Active directory, so for example if I worked for companyB my username on the APN would look like this - companyB\tinyskapie.

Problem I am having is when I try to enter this there is a small blue line that appears just above this block and it says "only latin numbers and characters allowed". any ideas how to work around this?

I also tried - tinyskapie@int.companyB.net and also dont work

I am desperate, tried different things for 3 days now, been browsing all the forums I could find but nothing solid. Or its just me that cannot search the correct terms.

Kind Regards
Tiaan

Fnords

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Running into the same problem with a Nokia 920 on T-Mobile

There is a - in the MMSC address, but WP8 keeps saying the same "only latin numbers and characters allowed" - any ideas?

Rather Not

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
If your wireless provider uses an MMSC address with a hyphen (like Straight Talk/Tracfone, for example), try this:

Jot down the provider's URL, e.g. mms-tf.net
Go to a domain registration tracking site like who.is or whois.net and search that URL
The search should return a "dotted quad" format IP address, e.g. http://173.209.204.199
Use that numerical address in the MMSC address box instead of the hyphenated alphanumeric URL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)