WiFi always turning off when Idled

Grampz01

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi, like my phone is set to lock after one minute, for battery conservation reasons, but everytime it locks it turns off my WiFi connection. Any solutions on how to set this

King Benneth

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
On the 8X, there is a setting in WiFi settings. You have to tap Advanced and then you can keep WiFi on when the screen turns off. Mind you, that only came with the new update - so I'm not 100% sure with different phones.

Mr Manson

Dec 12, 2012
Visit site
i have a lumia 920 ( and my wife 800). On my 920 i got a new update and one of the things that is added now is to Activate 7 Deactivate this very same thing you said about wifi and locking. before the update my 920 was acting like yours. It used to kill sifi connection everytime the phone was locked. After this new update I can disable it so that the wifi stays on when the phone is locked.

First I liked it. I said this is cool . I unlock the phone and immidiately I am in internet and I would not have to wait those few seconds for the wifi to come back. But after few days I again turned it off and now the phone is just like before. Wifi dies everytime the phone is locked. Why? because the battery started to die MUCH FASTER with this new option.
Well, its me. I would prefer to wait few seconds until the wifi is back everytime I unlock the phone rather than letting the battery dies whole faster.

Squadromeo

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
But I'm WP7, on Nokia Lumia 800. I want it to turn on only for Push Notifications.

That's actually quite odd..
I never had the issue you describe with my WP7 phone (LG E900). It was only when I got the 920 that the Wifi started to switch of when the phone locked itself, so I thought it was something of WP8.

_patrickc_

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
This is the stock way a Lumia 800 (and generally any other WP 7.x device) works. I've even talked with Nokia directly on this one, and it isn't fixed in 7.8 from what I can tell.
Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

Peter Farkas

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
Ok. In Settings > Wi-Fi > Advanced option 'Keep Wi-Fi on when the screen times out' should be enabled. That will keep wifi on, even when phone is idle.:cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss