Lumia 800 7.8 rollout tracking

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Think the uk is being ignored
Nothing here in the USA either!

Given up, really. Very, VERY poor job by MSFT in managing expectations and letting each country/region know what to exect & when.

Gone back to using my Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) and quite pleased as it turns out. Even just got an unexpected Jellybean 4.2.2 update out of the blue!!!

/BD :grincry:

MyloJ

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Still nothing in the UK as far as i know, and i check regurlarly for updates so... :(
really very dissapointed as i was hoping to put up a fight against my dads HTC but now i look like an idiot for talking up the update. Another annoyed customer MSFT.

bikedogrun

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Nothing here in the USA either!

Given up, really. Very, VERY poor job by MSFT in managing expectations and letting each country/region know what to exect & when.

Gone back to using my Galaxy Nexus (Verizon) and quite pleased as it turns out. Even just got an unexpected Jellybean 4.2.2 update out of the blue!!!

/BD :grincry:
OK... First - apologies for being a tad cranky with MSFT (you'll see why).

The good news is just now I finally did get the WP 7.8 update.... or should I say 5 updates! That's right, MSFT in their infinite wisdom makes you go through not one or even two but five downloads and five installs and five boots to get you from Tango 7993 to WP 7.8 8862. I've had an iPhone (boring interface now but quite easy and fast update process) and still own a Galaxy Nexus Android phone (OTA - one download and update to go from ICS to Jellybean).

Five separate and distinct updates (taking close to 90 minutes) to get to a "small upgrade" like WP 7.8???

Really MSFT ; you must be able to do better ... in fact you have to do better, this is very, VERY sub-par. I've always loved Windows Phone and have always spoken it favor of it but this entire WP 7.8 process makes me wonder???

/BD :shocked:

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
It seems a little quicker. There is some lag when im moving around the small tiles but other than that, im liking it. Im not sure about the battery life yet, I will have a better idea after a few more days of use.

fanel

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
It seems a little quicker. There is some lag when im moving around the small tiles but other than that, im liking it. Im not sure about the battery life yet, I will have a better idea after a few more days of use.

I don't know how you got it so early. As of today, still no update through Zune. Any update on your usage mileage?

anon(5340442)

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how you got it so early. As of today, still no update through Zune. Any update on your usage mileage?

I guess I was on one of the first waves of updates...As far as battery, not quite as good as before but still usually makes it through the day. Data usage has been the same, I thought it would be higher but its not.

Mngotu

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Yay!! Finally updated my Lumia 800 to latest 7.8, thank god!!
Instead of waiting for a notification on my phone, I just checked via zune on a windows 8 laptop, and hey presto!!!

dronkula

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Just to confirm - just got the update myself on my Lumia 800.

I'm on Orange/EE in the UK. So, other UK people might want to check if they've got it too.

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
I also finally got the 7.8 update last night for my SIM free Lumia 800 (O2UK sim). Installed 4 updates and took about 1 hour, everythings seems to be working fine.

fanel

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Finally updated my smurf blue Lumia 800 on Telus (in Canada) to 7.8. It took 5 updates (as it included the March fix-up as well) and I'm on version 7.10.8862.144. Wouldn't say it's much worse than 7.5 but there does seem to be a slight delay from the tap to the actual opening of the app.

tim tebb

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
In UK on unlocked orange lumia 800 now on 3.......still no update am I going to get it......has anybody? middle of April....someone must know....something!!!?

Last edited:

fanel

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
You're not missing out on much. I already found two annoyances that weren't there before:
1. Slight delay from the tap to the opening of the app
2. And this one irks me the most, when I receive a text, the music controls automatically swipe down when the screen turns on, obscuring the text above, so much for glance and go. I need to wait for the controls to slide up to see the text -.- Is it like this in WP8 as well?!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720