Nokia Lumia 800 dead?

Party Poison

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I was hoping someone could help me. Yesterday it had frozen around six o'clock while I was listening to music, but after placing it on charge and messing around with a few buttons my boyfriend brought it back to life. It worked for all over 4 hours, and then it just died, I'll explain more.

I was using it to listen to music, and then my boyfriend was watching video's on YouTube. Afterwards I placed in on the table where it tried to turn itself off, but I had flicked the screen up to keep it on. Then I proceeded to leave it for another 30 minutes and tried to use it where I couldn't get it to turn on. I thought the battery had died again, but when I got home I attempted to charge it but nothing's happening.

It's not vibrating when I place it on charge, nor does the computer or my laptop recognise it to charge it up. I've tried different chargers in the mobile to try to kick start the battery, but nothing's working. It's not the charger as my boyfriend has exactly the same phone and it chargers his. I've tried a soft reset, a hard reset and nothing works, nothing vibrates, or kicks in.

I'm beginning to wonder if it's a hardware fault? I'm really miffed as I absolutely adore the phone, and this is the only problem I've had with it since I had it four months ago. Yes, only four, it's not even that old! It's ironic that my boyfriend hates it and his continues to work, yet I love mine and mine's broke ._.

If anyone could give me another trick to use I would be very grateful! Please someone help, I'm desperate here :(

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing that this is a hardware fault but the problem may be more complex. Interesting to note that all the unibody Lumia phones are suffering from problems related to hardware.
Maybe you can request a replacement device since your unit seems defective. What mobile operator are you subscribed to at the moment?

Party Poison

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
My phone is unlocked to any network as I had it from Littlewoods on a payment scheme (poor student here haha), but I'm on GiffGaff which is the sister company to O2. I'm beginning to think that it's a hardware fault as well seen as nothing is working anymore! I'm highly annoyed, but I'm unsure whether it'll be repaired as I no longer have the box thanks to moving recently. I'm hoping that the Nokia Care Center near me will be able to help me...
If not, it's a new phone for me, and it certainly will not be a Nokia Lumia anything.

HNNNNNGHHH

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
You may have just gotten a defective unit. Is there any way you can get a replacement device, or are you planning to abandon what is probably the best OEM in the WP market?

jmwhite19

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like Hardware failure. I also had a Nokia Lumia 800 die on me. Mine didn't even exhibit any signs of a failure. I simply turned it off and when I attempted to turn it back on nothing happened. Tried soft and hard reset, plugged into USB and AC for several hours, nothing, the battery wasn't even flat either, had over 70% when it was turned off. If you get no sign of life at all i.e. no vibration, it doesn't look good.

You can try the various tricks to see if you can get it to spark back to life:

What to do when your Nokia Lumia 800 will not turn on? | Gadget Writing

Ultimately however, if its an hardware issue your going to be looking at either repair or replacement.

jeffinthomas1

May 19, 2012
Visit site
I had this problem once when I had 800 I called the Nokia rep and she said that its a deep discharge. She told me to get it charged using a static source like usb of a laptop or computer for an hour or two. It worked and my phone never had this problem again.

camptime

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
I gave my 800 to my sister a few months ago and it died last week. she decided to take it to Nokia to see if it could be fixed as it was only 13 months old. They told her it could not be repaired. This is not a good experience for a phone just out of warranty. :(

ravindra1580

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
i drop my cell and its display is not working ...... now i am finding dead mobile the same so that can be checked problem

any one interested in selling dead mobile lumia 800

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Having one and still works. Mom used it the whole time and it's quite impressive phone.

If you want a new phone. Go get Lumia 730. It's dual SIM and run great. Not mentioned it physically similar with your phone.

If you want 4G speed get 735. Both is great

jon jay1

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
I thought mine was in for a 'heart", battery, transplant !! after trying EVERYTHING to revive it with no result, it eventually, after 2 days, decided to come to life when I picked it up. It must have found enough energy to vibrate with a critically low battery , plug it in straight away, and it's WORKING again. Yay

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte