Tablet-to-phone tethering + phone-to-hotspot?

Kasper Rubin

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Since my surface rt is unable to succesfully reach a wifi hotspot, I'm using tethering via my lumia 800.

If I use my phone as a wifi hotspot for the tablet (surface rt), I can't reach a secondary wifi hotspot with my phone. If I could, I would be able to use my phone as a wifi router for the tablet.

Is it possible?

PS: when the surface connect to a wifi that requires login, it does not open a browser automatically and therefor it's impossible to access.

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Since my surface rt is unable to succesfully reach a wifi hotspot, I'm using tethering via my lumia 800.

If I use my phone as a wifi hotspot for the tablet (surface rt), I can't reach a secondary wifi hotspot with my phone. If I could, I would be able to use my phone as a wifi router for the tablet.

Is it possible?

PS: when the surface connect to a wifi that requires login, it does not open a browser automatically and therefor it's impossible to access.

I'm a bit lost with how you explained it. If you turn on Internet sharing, your surface can use the internet from your phone.

What are you trying to do?

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Is it possible?

When you say that "requires login" are you talking about a security key/password? If not, with most public WiFis you have to open your browser and it will take you to a page where you have to agree to their terms and limits, by clicking on "Agree". Like soldier says, depending on your carrier and plan, turning on internet sharing will allow you to use your phone as a hotspot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss