Bruised Lumia 800 screen?

KaishiLock

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have an issue! (of course..)

I own a Nokia Lumia 800, and am now coming to the end of my 24 month contract. I recently updated my phone, say, 2 weeks ago, and since then I have had this dark colour spreading across my screen. I can only describe it as a bruise looking mark? It started with just a little bit at the corner and now fills half of my screen. It doesn't fade, and the screen is now beginning to show faint images of pages and apps I've recently been on, like when an image is 'burnt' onto an LCD TV when it's been on too long.

If anybody has any idea whatsoever of what I can do to get rid of this without posting the silly thing all the way overseas at a ridiculous postage and repair cost, then please please do throw your suggestions at me. I have attached a photo of the screen.

I have had it with this phone. If has been nothing but trouble since the beginning.

Cheers.
Kai.

Attachments

• WIN_20140120_235815.JPG
    WIN_20140120_235815.JPG
    71.4 KB · Views: 2

KaishiLock

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I will just add, this phone has had no knocks or bangs whatsoever and has been in a protective rubber casing the whole time I've had it. No water damage, direct sunlight or anything like that. Posting here as I am now very confused about it all!

gedzum

Jan 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi everyone, I have an issue! (of course..)

I have had it with this phone. If has been nothing but trouble since the beginning.

Cheers.
Kai.

Hi there. That's a strange issue. Have you tried contacting Nokia support directly? You mention this phone has been nothing but trouble from the beginning. Did you not consider getting a replacement under warranty? Could just have been a faulty unit. I've had my Lumia 800 for nearly 2 years now and haven't had an issue with it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium