How can I export my Lumia 800 contacts to another (Android) phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Windows Central Question

I need to export my Lumia 800 contacts to another (Android) phone.

I have searched high and low on the Web and on this forum.
My Nokia Lumia 800 has a Windows Live a\c and obviously and address book with all my contacts\telephone numbers
I need to export my contacts (either by CSV file or otherwise) so I can import them in to an Android phone.
When looking in "Settings" - "Email + Accounts" - "Windows Live" - I notice there is only the option to Synch Emails, not Calendar or Contacts to my Live account.
Hence, when logging in to my Live account, there are no contacts from the Lumia at all.
There is a "Contacts Transfer" option in Settings too, but that will only import not export.
I tried adding a Gmail a\c to the Lumia, but that didn't export the contacts either.
So apart from manually typing all 300 contacts in to the Android phone, is there an alternative way please??

Any help\guidance appreciated thanks....

YanivC

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: I need to export my Lumia 800 contacts to another (Android) phone.

Try this link. You have to log into your windows live account and then go to your contacts online (they should automatically be there from suncing your phone) and from there transfer the contacts.

How to transfer your Windows Phone contacts to an Android Phone

On a more appropriate note, why would you go to Android? Its such a crappy operating system. I literally just sent back my Galaxy S6 Edge because of all the lag it has. Ive had EVERY phone under the sun and so far I am truly happiest on Windows Phone.

-8-

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

So you're saying that no contacts show up on https://people.live.com/ ?

Try to sync your Microsoft account manually:
1. Head on to ?Settings?
2. Go to ?email+accounts?
3. Tap and hold the ?Microsoft account? option
4. Tap on ?synchronize?

Then check https://people.live.com/ again. If you see your contacts there you can go to Manage and then Export for outlook.com and other services. A CSV file will be downloaded of your contacts.

If you still don't see your contacts on your live account you can transfer the contacts via bluetooth as well:
1. Pair your two phones via bluetooth
2. Open the people app and select the contacts you want to send
3. Tap More > share contact > share > bluetooth
4. Tap the Android phone on the Choose Bluetooth device screen
5. Accept the transfer on the Android phone

MonicaHoliday

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site

To transfer contacts from Lumia 800 to Android phone, you can export your windows phone contacts to Gmail first.
1. Create a Gmail Account.
2. Export your Old VCard files to the Gmail Account.
And then sync them to another phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb