810 or the 8X

chfhyh

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
for 810, it is smaller with super sensitive touch, expandable storage, exchangable battery, wireless charging, Clear Black Display for outdoor use. Of course, a number of Nokia and Nokia exclusive apps.

for 8X, higher res but narrower screen, a better speaker and a large on-board but limited storage, a better front facing camera, too.

Personally, I will go for 810 for sure. I understand people might want to go with the 8X for design. Honestly, if screen res is not an issue, given both have RGB grid which should be good, 810 is better.

Plus, there is probably going to be price difference.

Another thing is that, HTC is focusing more on Android, which in my opinion, they should not do. If they go all in with Windows 8, they might have a chance.

Your thoughts?

EvanKr

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
I personally love the 8x's design, it's much better (IMO) than the 820's. However, the 810 looks pretty slick. All that it's missing is a 720p display.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
bringing this thread back, as I got some hands-on time with the 8X today...

I must say, I MUCH prefer the Lumia 810 vs. the 8X. Yes, the 8X's design and feel is nice. It's a quality device. It's well designed and feels good in the hand. However, I must admit I'm a little concerned with the durability of the device...maybe I'm the only one that feels that way, but I don't know...I really tried to like it...and personally (NO FLAMES - PERSONAL OPINION!) I wouldn't be happy with it for 2 years. Again - just me...I'm super picky, though.

The lack of Nokia apps is huge...just play around in the marketplace on an HTC device and try to match Nokia Drive, etc...and then there's the removable and changeable covers...SD card support...etc...

I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but after some one on one time with the 8X, I'm really glad I chose the 810. :)

beachhoppr

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been with the 8x (#2) for a week and admittedly I have considered swapping out for the 810. I have an eerie feeling the beautiful blue coating will wear off over time.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Board Express

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
exactly! especially those corners...beautiful yes, but i'm not going to buy a phone like that to put a cover on it! lol

squire777

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
I played around with the 8X today at a Microsoft store and I have to say that it felt great in my hand. Seeing it person kind of swayed me towards the 8X over the 920 (which I also played with) but HTC's bad reputation regarding updates will keep me away from buying one.

I would now like to get my paws on an 810 to see how that one feels.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Can't speak for the 8X as I've only handled a dummy phone at a T-Mobile store, but I now own the 810 and it is a stunning and awesome phone! I definitely don't regret getting it and don't even mind that it's not the yellow 920 I've been lusting after, lol! :p

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
Can't speak for the 8X as I've only handled a dummy phone at a T-Mobile store, but I now own the 810 and it is a stunning and awesome phone! I definitely don't regret getting it and don't even mind that it's not the yellow 920 I've been lusting after, lol! :p

woot woot! Glad you love it! I'm quite happy with mine!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte