Lumina 810 vs 820

calfee20

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
The 810 compares very well with the 820.

Gorilla Glass 2
larger battery
better front camera

Thinner lighter

Did I miss anything? I would rather have the 810. I like the way it looks "personal preference" and I love the Black one.

Now how much off contract. T mobile has some nice off contract plans only online or at Walmart.

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Only off-contract price we know right now is $550, based on T-Mobile's value plan pricing. Seems a little high - but they've done the same pricing thing with the Nexus 4, so maybe it'll be cheaper at the Microsoft store or something.

I can tell you what you missed: You called it the Lumina instead of the Lumia :p

The 810 is actually lighter than the 820. You can also mention the 810 adds 3 hours to battery life if you're going for completeness.

The 820 has GLONASS support which is missing from the 810 (unfortunately).

Last edited:

TJWINS

Aug 5, 2012
Visit site
Only off-contract price we know right now is $550, based on T-Mobile's value plan pricing. Seems a little high - but they've done the same pricing thing with the Nexus 4, so maybe it'll be cheaper at the Microsoft store or something.

I can tell you what you missed: You called it the Lumina instead of the Lumia :p

The 810 is actually lighter than the 820. You can also mention the 810 adds 3 hours to battery life if you're going for completeness.

The 820 has GLONASS support which is missing from the 810 (unfortunately).

I noticed missing GLONASS support but I don't think it is necessary other than it looks good on a spec sheet. US satellites for navigation are good enough. The fact that we have aGPS and WLAN network positioning plus built in Magnetometer is good. Plus Nokia maps and Nokia Drive. GLONASS will not be missed. Other than that I really do not see a single advantage that the 820 has over the 810. A VGA front facing camera and no Gorilla Glass is already obsolete and will look pathetic in 24 months with a 2 year contract. The 810, however, will still look great in 24 months with the only high end feature missing is an HD screen. The 810 also looks better IMO, and is lighter and lasts longer. I think they made the 820 lower spec'd to give AT&T consumers a reason to spend money on the 920. They gave T-Mobile and Verizon users a stronger spec'd version since we won't have an immediate option for a 920.

chfhyh

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
LTE for 820 only.

Glad they both have super sensitive touch. Poor 8X... it's got nothing except the screen resolution and the screen is actually slightly smaller than the one on 820

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo