07-29-2013 09:43 AM
99 1234
tools
    Forget the 920, the Eos is where it's at.

Also, just showed those screenshots to my girlfriend. She was ecstatic and has decided that she can and will be getting the 521 when it's released. Same boat as me, no WiFi calling no deal.
    04-13-2013 09:31 AM
    FYI the latest posts on that MS thread give you the steps to supposedly get it working right now. Can anyone try this and confirm if they've had success?
    04-14-2013 03:11 PM
    FYI the latest posts on that MS thread give you the steps to supposedly get it working right now. Can anyone try this and confirm if they've had success?
    Call in, get Wi-Fi calling added to your account, get special sim card, hard reset? Well, having Wi-Fi calling added to your account is either because it's in a testing phase right now, or T-Mobile is guarding it by making you call in to get it. The way it's always worked is you got Wi-Fi calling as a software feature to make calls using your minute bucket (no calling in or talking to customer service, it just WORKED on Android), and you call in to get the plan to allow unlimited calls over Wi-Fi that don't take away from your minute bucket. Unless that process has changed, of course. This was back when there were actually minute buckets - doesn't really matter, now :P

I've hard reset my phone too many times already for random stuff. The last time I did it, I lost access to both iheartradio and USAA since they got pulled from the WP8 marketplace- and USAA is never coming back. Not gonna do it again unless multiple people can confirm this on an 810. This is a very important feature and one of the reasons I've been happy on T-Mobile.
    04-14-2013 04:39 PM
    Forget the 920, the Eos is where it's at.
    Actually, I just saw those pics of the new Nokia "Catwalk" model that Tmo will be picking up. Me wants, bad.
    04-17-2013 05:41 PM
    Still remains on TMO.. they have no words when this will be accepted.
    waazzupppp likes this.
    04-18-2013 07:40 AM
    Ok, my turn to beat on this subject some more. Did anyone see this thread over at the Microsoft forums? Seems like it should get enabled if you talk to the right people. I'm dying to get the 810 but need wifi calling as well. I would love to know if anyone else is successful if they pursue it like those guys on that thread did.
    I saw that thread. I'd trade my Lumia 710 in for a 810 if it had wi-fi calling enabled. I'll lose my cell connection when I'm in buildings, but always have wifi access. Hopefully someone will be able to document a process for getting it to work. As far as I've seen, it's just the one guy so far.

I tried the online chat with t-mobile and didn't get any answers. Maybe I'll call and ask for tech support later.
    04-23-2013 03:34 PM
    I saw that thread. I'd trade my Lumia 710 in for a 810 if it had wi-fi calling enabled. I'll lose my cell connection when I'm in buildings, but always have wifi access. Hopefully someone will be able to document a process for getting it to work. As far as I've seen, it's just the one guy so far.

I tried the online chat with t-mobile and didn't get any answers. Maybe I'll call and ask for tech support later.
    I tried that both with TMO and Nokia, as per manufacturer, this has WiFi capabilities but its on carrier to enable it with firmware update. am not too hopeful since carrier has EOLed this set now.
    04-26-2013 08:16 AM
    I started this thread on 11/16/2012. I finally have a phone, a Nokia 521 and I updated the phone several hours ago to install Wifi calling. This should be available on all phones and carriers.
    waazzupppp and metalchick719 like this.
    05-21-2013 07:10 AM
    The 1318 update is supposed to be the one with the WiFi calling added in... There is no time frame on this coming to the 810 yet... I know that 1308 was shot down due to connectivity problems and I'm hoping that they have moved past 1314 in testing and gone straight to 1318... This would also include access to Storage Check as well... This will NOT include the Data Sense update that should be rolling out later this summer if T-Mobile chooses to support it.
    05-21-2013 06:18 PM
    bought into that marketing did ya? Of course MS will say it's alll new... but it still shares a lot of code with it's predecessor.
    06-29-2013 03:01 AM
    Hey guys thought id chim in on here. The tmobile Wifi calling.xap app that was released for the lumia 925, I installed it on my 810 via the proxy hack and it does work for my phone as far as routing calls via wifi. the app seeing how it wasn't built for the 810 seems to not indicate the wifi using display setting when you make a call but even if it doesn't it does work. the only thing that you have to do is turn on the app and keep it open, if you exit from the app the settings do not stick. I am in a basement most of the time and usually get 1 bar of 2g and call quality sucks, and ever since installing the app and keeping it open, voice quality is amazing, no longer do I have to say "what?" when I am talking to someone on the phone. lol
    smurfercom and Pale Justice like this.
    06-29-2013 12:02 PM
    When I first did the update on the 521 wifi calling was spotty. Your term didn't stick describes it. T mobile support fixed it by entering my 911 address. Is there some way to do this online. Maybe you could get the app to "stick".
    06-29-2013 01:32 PM
    Hey guys thought id chim in on here. The tmobile Wifi calling.xap app that was released for the lumia 925, I installed it on my 810 via the proxy hack and it does work for my phone as far as routing calls via wifi. the app seeing how it wasn't built for the 810 seems to not indicate the wifi using display setting when you make a call but even if it doesn't it does work. the only thing that you have to do is turn on the app and keep it open, if you exit from the app the settings do not stick. I am in a basement most of the time and usually get 1 bar of 2g and call quality sucks, and ever since installing the app and keeping it open, voice quality is amazing, no longer do I have to say "what?" when I am talking to someone on the phone. lol
    Thanks, disabling the proxy I was able to side load the wifi app I dl'ed a couple of days ago.
    06-29-2013 02:21 PM
    I can't get the app to install with the proxy hack, or I'm doing it wrong I'd like to try it out. Can anyone send the xap so I can side load it?
    06-30-2013 09:46 AM
    I can't get the app to install with the proxy hack, or I'm doing it wrong I'd like to try it out. Can anyone send the xap so I can side load it?
    Direct dl link:
    http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...pptype=regular

Sure would be nice to get these puppy's barking!
    http://sdrv.ms/14GnPOd
    http://sdrv.ms/117IP3b
    Last edited by smurfercom; 06-30-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    Duffau and Guzzler3 like this.
    06-30-2013 10:03 AM
    the way I did it was I sent the xap link (from the msft store) to my phone via email, then I set up the proxy for wifi (turned off data connection) then opened the link from my email which took me to windows store on the phone with install button enable, then I hold back button to go back to wifi and edit connection to turn of proxy, then went back to the store and installed it.

Im not sure if I can post this here but mods can edit post and removes as the wish, still new to this forum.

Proxy: 117.135.139.179, port 8888

and this is the link to the store posted by Musicman247 http://www.windowsphone.com/en-us/st...d4?signin=true
    06-30-2013 11:44 AM
    I followed how to instructions....after 5 tries....

It's installed but no matter what anyone says the 810 doesn't support it. If you're calling via Wi-Fi it will say on the bottom of dialer tile, and on the Wi-Fi tile it will indicate ready, when you're making the call Wi Fi Calling will be on the upper left hand corner of your screen. None of those Wi-Fi connected or calling indicators appear. If you're getting more bars -you're getting better reception not Wi-Fi. Cool app if it really worked.
    I'm next to the Wi-Fi router turning Wi Fi calling ON or OFF the bars are the same, 2bars @ 4G and sound quality is the same. I live at the beach and a Naval Air Station and cell towers have to be a certain distance away and reception is really poor.
    If I set it to Wi-Fi Only I "can't" sent text, yet I can, if I set it to Wi-Fi Only a Wi-Fi network must be present and within range to make calls, I turn off the router or go outside where I'm out of range I can still make calls in both cases.
    This doesn't work with the 810, it doesn't support Wi-Fi calling even if you think that the Wi-Fi indicators won't show because it wasn't designed for the 810, fine that makes some sense, but if I can make calls or text with it set to Wi-Fi Only when the router is off or I'm out of range then it doesn't take a genius to figure out it that it doesn't work with the 810. FYI I keep the app open when I make a call and it's set at Wi-Fi Only and the router is off, I toggle back to the small screens and I can see the app and the call dialer on the same screen and it's dialing and it goes through and connects and it's Wi-Fi Only with the router off.

On May 20, a software update to Software version 1030.6409.1316.0016 was released for the Nokia Lumia 521. The software update, which will be available by Over The Air (OTA), will add Wi-Fi calling.

Unless you've had an update to enable the 810 to have Wi-Fi calling then all you have is a nice blue tile on your phone that does nothing.
    Last edited by PB_H; 07-02-2013 at 05:17 PM. Reason: new info.
    07-01-2013 08:39 PM
    Did just for a test, but didn't install on 820 by any way. It is dev unlocked, it says invalid xap.
    07-02-2013 09:37 PM
    I wanted to first correct my statement on 1318 being in testing as it sounds like they are currently testing 1316 for the 810 - though 1318 may be in cycle too... That said, I was pushed the Wi-Fi calling App from Nokia to try out, but it will not function on the 810 until a firmware update is had. This is going to be a part of the update package whenever it is complete. Hopefully we are looking at sooner rather than later for those that need this one, but at this point, who knows?
    07-07-2013 10:19 AM
    I followed how to instructions....after 5 tries....

It's installed but no matter what anyone says the 810 doesn't support it. If you're calling via Wi-Fi it will say on the bottom of dialer tile, and on the Wi-Fi tile it will indicate ready, when you're making the call Wi Fi Calling will be on the upper left hand corner of your screen. None of those Wi-Fi connected or calling indicators appear. If you're getting more bars -you're getting better reception not Wi-Fi. Cool app if it really worked.
    I'm next to the Wi-Fi router turning Wi Fi calling ON or OFF the bars are the same, 2bars @ 4G and sound quality is the same. I live at the beach and a Naval Air Station and cell towers have to be a certain distance away and reception is really poor.
    If I set it to Wi-Fi Only I "can't" sent text, yet I can, if I set it to Wi-Fi Only a Wi-Fi network must be present and within range to make calls, I turn off the router or go outside where I'm out of range I can still make calls in both cases.
    This doesn't work with the 810, it doesn't support Wi-Fi calling even if you think that the Wi-Fi indicators won't show because it wasn't designed for the 810, fine that makes some sense, but if I can make calls or text with it set to Wi-Fi Only when the router is off or I'm out of range then it doesn't take a genius to figure out it that it doesn't work with the 810. FYI I keep the app open when I make a call and it's set at Wi-Fi Only and the router is off, I toggle back to the small screens and I can see the app and the call dialer on the same screen and it's dialing and it goes through and connects and it's Wi-Fi Only with the router off.

On May 20, a software update to Software version 1030.6409.1316.0016 was released for the Nokia Lumia 521. The software update, which will be available by Over The Air (OTA), will add Wi-Fi calling.

Unless you've had an update to enable the 810 to have Wi-Fi calling then all you have is a nice blue tile on your phone that does nothing.
    Thanks a lot for testing. I know that in order to get WiFi calling to work, you have to have tmobile add the feature to your plan. Did you happen to try to get tmobile to add the feature to your plan? I know its wishful thinking, but I want to get a rogers 920 and use the WiFi calling xap. Probably not gonna work, but I decided the 925 was too expensive for me. Lets see what happens. Any further responses would be greatly appreciated.
    07-11-2013 12:02 PM
    Thanks a lot for testing. I know that in order to get WiFi calling to work, you have to have tmobile add the feature to your plan. Did you happen to try to get tmobile to add the feature to your plan? I know its wishful thinking, but I want to get a rogers 920 and use the WiFi calling xap. Probably not gonna work, but I decided the 925 was too expensive for me. Lets see what happens. Any further responses would be greatly appreciated.
    It's not about ADDING IT TO THE PLAN, read my note about a software update like they -Nokia (via T Mobile) did for the 521.
    The 810 is not enabled, full stop. Nokia has to create a software patch to enable it.
    T Mobile could "add" Live TV or a Legs for the phone PLAN so you wouldn't have to get up and to get it but if there is no mechanism for it to walk
    ( a newer brain) then it ain't gonna walk.
    No plan will make it a Wi-Fi enabled phone without a software update like the 521 had.
    Last edited by PB_H; 07-11-2013 at 02:59 PM.
    07-11-2013 02:48 PM
    Actually, it doesn't! WFC is totally phone dependent. It has nothing to do with TM providing the service. If you have a TM account and a TM phone with WFC, a wifi connection, and WFC is turned on, you are good to go. And just in case there's a new twist I went on line and looked under Available Services for both my 810 and Nokia C7, both with WFC. Nada.
    07-20-2013 04:59 PM
    Actually, it doesn't! WFC is totally phone dependent. It has nothing to do with TM providing the service. If you have a TM account and a TM phone with WFC, a wifi connection, and WFC is turned on, you are good to go. And just in case there's a new twist I went on line and looked under Available Services for both my 810 and Nokia C7, both with WFC Nada.
    The 810 is not a Wi-Fi phone anyway and those who downloaded the "app" and think they now have a WiFi calling phone -are drunk.
    Who says the the 810 is with WFC ? it has WiFi not WFC
    07-20-2013 05:03 PM
    Gee Zoo, dude. Read what I said. No claim about an app.
    07-20-2013 05:58 PM
    Gee Zoo, dude. Read what I said. No claim about an app.
    I didn't say you did, I said "those who downloaded an app" you didn't say you did so I wasn't referring to you,
    but you wrote "Services for both my 810 and Nokia C7, both with WFC Nada.

I don't know about the C7 but the 810 is (not) with WFC
    The 810 has not to date had an update like the 521 did soon after it was released.

"On May 20, a software update to Software version 1030.6409.1316.0016 was released for the Nokia Lumia 521. The software update, which will be available by Over The Air (OTA), will add Wi-Fi calling."

If you didn't say both with WFC meaning that also the 810 is enable then I apologize for misinterpreting that.
    Last edited by PB_H; 07-20-2013 at 06:51 PM.
    07-20-2013 06:17 PM
99 1234