Internet Sharing

Microsoftjunkie

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
EVERYONE listen. This is a KNOWN problem at Tmobile. You have to call customer support and let them know you are being redirected to tmobile ads. The problem is that their network thinks your phone is a computer, and is prohibiting you from tethering because its not on your plan. Just call Tmobile, my problem was fixed.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Dude, were trying to side-step paying for tethering. It's unfair that they allow Android phones to tether without having to pay for that feature.

I finally decided to try it out, unfortunately changing the user agent string in Firefox doesn't work.

FYI: The easiest way to change your user agent string in Firefox is to install "User Agent Switcher" extension (User Agent Switcher) Then add the following user agents:

IEMobile 10.0 (WP 8) Desktop
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows NT 6.2; Trident/6.0; ARM; Touch; WPDesktop)

IEMobile 10.0 (WP 8) Mobile
Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; MSIE 10.0; Windows Phone 8.0; Trident/6.0; IEMobile/10.0; ARM; Touch; NOKIA; Lumia 810)

sakaisencho

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
EVERYONE listen. This is a KNOWN problem at Tmobile. You have to call customer support and let them know you are being redirected to tmobile ads. The problem is that their network thinks your phone is a computer, and is prohibiting you from tethering because its not on your plan. Just call Tmobile, my problem was fixed.

Interesting... What did T Mobile tell you??

I have a four year old unlimited data plan... Terrific plan, but Tmo are continuously trying to get me to change to one of the new plans...

Anyway with my HTC HD7 I have had tethering for the last year and a half or so... But after speaking with T Mo they have told me that despite my unlimited data plan, they cannot allow me to have "Internet Sharing" with the Nokia 810... However, if I switch back to the HD7 ( which currently has my UK SIM inside) I have no issues....

I am unlocking this [nokia 810] phone, so I am hoping tethering will work with my UK, Japanese, Taiwanese and Hong Kong accounts... We will see...

Cheers!

German1513

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks!!! I finally able to tethering from my unlocked ATT lumia 920 to other devices. I am in Mexico and this works perfect for me with Telcel.

hi,

I recently got a T-Mobile Lumia 810 with the 2GB plan which does not include tethering. I was about to return it and get an android phone as having tethering is a make or break feature for me and I refuse to pay 15$ for it when I can enable it on any android with ease.

I know that Nokia has an app called "Access Point" which enables editing and addition of APNs but if you search store via your tmobile lumia 810 that app wont show up. I was able to sideload it tho by going to the Microsoft Windows Phone Store on the web on my pc and clicking on the 'manual download and install' which lets you save the app to your pc. I then copied the app to an SD card and inserted the SD card to my Lumia 810. You then goto Store on your phone, and choose SD card (it takes a few minutes for the app to register the SD card if u just plugged it in, at least it did for me) the downloade app will show up under 'Compatible Apps', I installed it from there and what happened was this: In the 'Settings', at the bottom, a new 'Access Point' appeared which let me choose Tmobile APN and set it. After I did that when I went to 'Internet Sharing' I was able to turn it out and setup my wifi hotspot and connect my PC and android phone to the Lumia 810's Internet!

What I do not know is if Tmobile will notice that im tethering and then charge me for the feature heh. Ill be sure to find out I guess.

Can also use this QR code to install the Access Point app from Nokia:

View attachment 26137

to scan it use the Search on the phone, click Vision icon and focus the code, a web url link should appear, click on it to install Nokia's Access Point.

Let me know how it goes for all!

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I have Access Point Installed on my Lumia 810, but tethering does not work. I get the following error "Connection not shared: Internet sharing isn't currently available."

The funny part is I am running on Solavei, have the correct APN's entered in, and the SIM works directly with my Titan (Unlocked) by just hitting the Internet Sharing switch - same SIM card and all...

I think that the 810 needs to be unlocked for Sharing to work with a 3rd party SIM... but that's just a guess...

Janusz Starkel

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I am using safari for last 2 month and have no problems with tbille. Strange. Recently, I got that $70 unlimited plan and every one in house goes wireless. 2 laptops and desktop. All run Safari and interference from tbille.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
If you jump to Tmo's new plan, tethering/internet sharing is included with your data allotment. I just did it two days ago.

respect306

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
If you jump to Tmo's new plan, tethering/internet sharing is included with your data allotment. I just did it two days ago.

Do you have an unlimited data plan? Because I had the 5GB before and they allowed tethering, but 5GB is barely enough for me without tethering so I had to upgrade to the unlimited and they didn't offer tethering for that plan at the time. Just wondering if this has changed

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Do you have an unlimited data plan? Because I had the 5GB before and they allowed tethering, but 5GB is barely enough for me without tethering so I had to upgrade to the unlimited and they didn't offer tethering for that plan at the time. Just wondering if this has changed
I do not have unlimited data, but tethering does come with unlimited data now.

respect306

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I actually talked to them today and they told me that 500mb of tethering comes free with unlimited data, and $10 for every 2GB after that

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Ok, help a brother out. I have the old prepaid unlimited text/data plan. Are you saying I can get them to turn on tethering without the extra $10/month? I just need it occasionally, when doing house calls and their internet is down and I need to get info/files (usually less than 500mb of data).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos