Unlock code from T-Mobile?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Just in case u guys didn't know, somebody were able to figure out unlocking the apn settings and posted here in forum. I tried it and it works.

Yep it does work, its called Access Point from Nokia, please check the forum here and you should be able to edit the APN. Infact that software works for all WP8 Lumia devices.

Found out a way to change on the Lumia 810, thanks to Nokia.

1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision.

2. Hold the camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the QR codes provided below.

3. If successful, a small thumbnail of the QR code along with a description of a web link will appear on screen.

4. Tap the web link and it will take you to the Store to update the Nokia app.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLdL6.png

After installing you'll have a menu in Settings called "Access Point" which will allow you to change the APN to match your carrier.

I'm now running the 810 on WIND Mobile no problems! :love:

Here is the quote from the thread...

rush_ad

Jun 1, 2012
Visit site
Today I requested the unlock code for my Nokia 810. I did the online chat in the morning and received unlock code within 1-1.5 hours!!!! So quick, I have never seen them respond so quickly.

By the way, 20 digit code for Nokia 810. Typically I am used to seeing 8 digit code.

dracoloco

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hello. 1 month to buy him a cell phone to my cousin ago. Nokia lumia 810 is a compa?lia of T-Mobile, and putting on my micro-chip telcel ncesito tells me that a number of PIN.
You send an email to T-Mobile. and tell me that I need to have an account so that I can eviar the unlock code, but I do not mind. Can anyone tell me how to get the unlock code please.

Garneth

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello. 1 month to buy him a cell phone to my cousin ago. Nokia lumia 810 is a compa?lia of T-Mobile, and putting on my micro-chip telcel ncesito tells me that a number of PIN.
You send an email to T-Mobile. and tell me that I need to have an account so that I can eviar the unlock code, but I do not mind. Can anyone tell me how to get the unlock code please.

Holy over one year old bump.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Where do you check phone to find out that phone is unlocked. thanks

There isn't such a place, but to find out if yours in unlocked insert a SIM from a different carrier,
if the you don't get an error message and the all the phone's functions work normally-
you can make calls, texts etc it's unlocked.

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
I got two unlocks from TM before I switched to MetroPCS a month ago. Easy. Although I was told I could get only one unlock at a time and the other phone had to be in service, I pointed out that it's my back up phone with wifi calling, I just swap the SIM when I need it. And I could swap the SIM and call you back, please just spare me the time and trouble. She saw the logice in that (alert the media!)

TM has to contact Nokia and get back to you. It took about two days, and was sent to me on a Sunday.

The criteria for giving you the unlock code is spelled out on one of their web pages. If your phone is subsidized, you have to have had service for something like six months. If you meet the criteria, and have it in front of you, you can point these matters out to the service rep.

Windows phones unlock very differently than Symbian Nokias. The instructions I got for the latter worked perfectly. For a WP, you need a non-TM SIM card. Per TM:

1. Turn the phone off.
2. Insert Non-T-Mobile SIM card.
3. Turn the phone on.
Note: A box will appear to enter SIM Unlock Code.
4. Enter the SIM unlock code (20 digits) and press enter.

There's the real skinny. Pay no attention to all the posts that are just guessing. The disease of internet forums, nattering nabobs.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my unlock code today, and I thought I had an AT&T sim sitting around, but I couldn't find it.

But, I found a way to get around it ;) here's how to carrier unlock the phone without having to put in a non T-Mobile SIM in.

1. Have your 20 digit carrier unlock code ready.
  2. Power down the phone.
  3. Remove the SIM card.
  4. Power up the phone.
  5. Press Ok when warned of no SIM card, emergency calls only.
  6. Select the phone icon.
  7. Press Ok when warned of no SIM card, emergency calls only.
  8. Select the keypad.
  9. Enter ##7820#
  10. Wait... wait... eventually you will get an icon of a SIM card with a lock over it, and a numeric keypad.
  11. Enter your 20 digit code
  12. Wait... wait... if you entered the code properly it will change to an unlocked icon.
  13. Press the back button repeatedly till you get back the main screen.
  14. Power down the phone.
  15. Put back in your T-Mobile SIM card.
  16. Power up the phone.

Eventually you will get a toast message at the top, saying "Phone mode has changed" (it goes away on it's own).

Hopefully the phone is unlocked. Tomorrow I will try to bower someone's SIM card and verify.

UPDATE: The above method works. Just remember, you need to get the 20 digit carrier unlock code first.

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I got my unlock code today, and I thought I had an AT&T sim sitting around, but I couldn't find it.

But, I found a way to get around it ;) here's how:
Power down the phone.
Remove the SIM card.
Power up the phone.
Press Ok when warned of no SIM card, emergency calls only.
Select the phone icon.
Press Ok when warned of no SIM card, emergency calls only.
Select the keypad.
Enter ##7820#
Wait... wait... eventually you will get an icon of a SIM card with a lock over it, and a numeric keypad.
Enter your 20 digit code
Wait... wait... if you entered the code properly it will change to an unlocked icon.
Press the back button repeatedly till you get back the main screen.
Power down the phone.
Put back in your T-Mobile SIM card.
Power up the phone.
Eventually you will get a toast message at the top, saying "Phone mode has changed" (it goes away on it's own).

Hopefully the phone is unlocked. Tomorrow I will try to bower someone's SIM card and verify.

That isn't to unlock your phone as in unlock from the carrier, it's to unlock or lock in a different SIM card ( if your phone is using two different SIMS from same carrier) (what NOKIA and T Mobile said) and that option appeared after AMBER it's called SIM Unlock 1.0.0.5.
I can get the unlock icon without entering a code other than ##7820# ( I have no code to enter anyway), I can then get that to switch from unlock to lock and back again to unlock and back to lock by just -entering ## 7820# after each time and this phone isn't unlocked.
You need to use a SIM from a different carrier for you to unlock the phone.

See no codes and unlocked /locked, try it.
wp_ss_20140126_0006.jpgwp_ss_20140126_0005.jpg

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
You are correct, that just entering ##7820# will show an unlocked icon, but you can't enter the SIM/carrier unlock code.

Which is why if you read my post more closely, I said that you need to REMOVE the SIM card from the phone before entering ##7820#. Then you can enter the carrier unlock code without having a different carrier SIM card.

Like I said, I didn't have another SIM to put in, so I could enter the code. I believe I found away around that step. Hopefully I will be able to verify it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
You are correct, that just entering ##7820# will show an unlocked icon, but you can't enter the SIM/carrier unlock code.

Which is why if you read my post more closely, I said that you need to REMOVE the SIM card from the phone before entering ##7820#. Then you can enter the carrier unlock code without having a different carrier SIM card.

Like I said, I didn't have another SIM to put in, so I could enter the code. I believe I found away around that step. Hopefully I will be able to verify it tomorrow.

And that won't unlock your phone*

*To unlock you need to do the "old fashion way" RE: Nokia and T Mobile OR they both just lied to me and made the whole thing up.
And I can't figure out why they would both say the same thing and lie, there is no upside to lie, it's not like they are promising updates which they can't deliver on :wink: so lying would be easier than being truthful.
But tomorrow when you have another SIM and you put in your phone you'll know right away if it's unlocked because you'll be able call right away without doing anything else, OR not.

BTW I just did it the way you did and removed SIM and the locked icon appeared finally after a few times that I entered ##7820#
but still without the SIM I again entered ##7820# and the icon changed to an unlocked icon. Then I entered ##7820# one more time and this time there was a key pad on the same page with the lock, where if I remember correctly it looks like the page when you enter a 20 digit code to unlock a phone, but one thing was missing was the warning that's always shown up that says: you have 7 ( or whatever) times to enter the code and if you screw up it will brick the phone.
Did you get that message ?

Last edited:

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Just confirmed: what I did worked perfectly. Put in a working AT&T SIM card, phone came up with AT&T on the phone tile, made a call no problem, checked some web pages for data connectively.

I now have a carrier unlocked phone, so I can move to a different carrier if I choose to.

Mr Lebowski

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Just confirmed: what I did worked perfectly. Put in a working AT&T SIM card, phone came up with AT&T on the phone tile, made a call no problem, checked some web pages for data connectively.

I now have a carrier unlocked phone, so I can move to a different carrier if I choose to.

As soon as I tried it without the SIM and the keypad appeared with the lock icon I figured that it might work without a SIM. When I called Nokia and T Mobile, Amber had just been released and obviously neither TM or that Nokia rep knew what SIM Unlock 1.0.0.5. meant. I'm kinda surprised that the standard warning about the number of times you can try before
it's bricked didn't appear. Glad it worked.

smurfercom

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the hot tip Guzzler3 my x won't give me my old att sim she either lost it or is screwing with me. Eventually I was just going to walk into a store but you saved me time by this neat little work around kudos!

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the hot tip Guzzler3 my x won't give me my old att sim she either lost it or is screwing with me. Eventually I was just going to walk into a store but you saved me time by this neat little work around kudos!
Sadly, that's exactly what I had to do, go to an AT&T store, to try another SIM. Turns out, everyone at my work has T-Mobile, or a Verizon (SIM' less) phone. The guy at AT&T was very understanding about what I was doing. I just told him that I was thinking about selling the phone, and that it would be easier if it was carrier unlocked and I needed to verify that it was. He just took the SIM out of his iPhone and handed it to me. I asked if it was OK for me to make a test call, and browse a web page or two, and he said "Sure, knock yourself out." I have to say he was the nicest AT&T rep I have EVER dealt with, to bad their plans are so expensive compared to others.

ThaKrazyOne

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I got my code from T-Mobile in less than 48 hours. I then borrowed an AT&T SIM to make sure the unlock was successful, and it was. The phone has much more value unlocked than locked. I just hope T-Mobile doesn't merge with Sprint. If they do, I have no choice but to go back to AT&T. That's why I left Nextel years ago. Once they merged with Sprint, all support went to hell and the plans were no bueno.

Doink442

Sep 12, 2017
Visit site
Kind time to you guys. At me here such problem: I live in Ukajin, has bought at auction Lumia 810 which SimLock under operator T-Mobile. I wanted to apply for the unlock code on the T-Mobile off-site - but I need to specify the phone number of this operator, and I can not specify because I do not have it ...
Can any of you help me?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb