so we get nothing.

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
So basically we early adopters who bought the phone launch date through online or csr. Get nothing att users get free chargers now Nokia is giving out free headphones for those who bought the phone from Nov 20- Dec 31. Is anyone else disappointed with Nokia and T mobile and this phone isn't even free its 149.99. I'm so angry.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I understand your disappointment. Although I got the charge plate, it wasn't that big a deal to me as they gave me the early upgrade. The headphones look nice, but due to my ear shade I tent to have issues with the rubberized tip in ears. Besides, my laptop came with beats solo hd headphones.

Best bet, hop on twitter, and complain to @NokiaCareUS if you're in the US. Maybe they will do something. But also, tis is a risk you take as an early adopter.

theprawn

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
There will always be promos that current owners miss out on. It sucks that this promo falls so close to launch, and sure I'd love some free stuff... but lack of it doesn't take away from the phone itself--I love it as much as the day I got it.

Hopefully the promo brings in more users as nothing is better for all of us than platform popularity.

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
There will always be promos that current owners miss out on. It sucks that this promo falls so close to launch, and sure I'd love some free stuff... but lack of it doesn't take away from the phone itself--I love it as much as the day I got it.

Hopefully the promo brings in more users as nothing is better for all of us than platform popularity.
and I think we as consumers should show them our dissatisfaction with this like I will. Basically your letting Nokia walk over you. In the U.K there giving out free charging pads for those who bought on release.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
Thats what theprawn and I are saying. Complaining here doesn't accomplish anything. Take it up with Nokia by different means directly. I'm personally not worried about the headphones, I have an awesome phone and got it 8 months earlier than I had any right to expect.

independentvolume

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
You guys do know that it's Verizon and at&t paying for the headphones, not Nokia. No reason to ***** at them. Perhaps the headphone thing is to get people to order a phone that isn't available at the moment.

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
What's with the entitlement mentality? Why do you think you are owed more than what you already agreed was a fair deal when you purchased?

It's like the world has turned into a bunch of children.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not thinking entitled to squat. I'm thankful they even gave me the early upgrade. I was merely trying to steer those who felt that way to a more useful avenue of venting their irritation.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I know the 920 comes with earphones, but to be honest, it doesn't bother me at all that the 810 didn't come with any. I've pretty much never used earphones that have come with my phones. Absolutely hate the ones for the iPhone and only used them a grand total of twice in the nearly year and a half I've had that phone. I'm much happier using my Panasonic earphones I got for a penny on Amazon. I used them on my new 810 on Wednesday when I was out and listening to music when my mother called me. They're excellent quality and I had not one single issue in hearing her during the call.

I haven't seen anything about this free headphones promo, personally.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
What's with the entitlement mentality? Why do you think you are owed more than what you already agreed was a fair deal when you purchased?It's like the world has turned into a bunch of children.
Agreed. The phones launched a week before Black Friday. What did you think was going to happen? It's like when the iPhone came out and people waited in line and rushed out to get it. Then six months later the price went down and people complained and whined until Apple sent them a reimbursement. Well, guess what... three to six months from now, all of these phones will be free or close to it on contract. Will people feel they're entitled to that price for the phone they purchased three to six months earlier? I don't get this whole mentality. No one owes you anything just for being there. I guess it's the "Participation Trophy" mentality.Next time just wait a few weeks/months for those deals and get the phone then. But, considering there will always be a better deal down the line, I suppose some will never be content. That's not a way to live life.Note this isn't attacking anyone specifically as much as it is attacking the mentality that, "they owe me because they do."

SinisterDuck

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
I know the 920 comes with earphones, but to be honest, it doesn't bother me at all that the 810 didn't come with any . . .

I haven't seen anything about this free headphones promo, personally.

The promo is on the WPCentral home page. And the 920 did not come with headphones or I doubt they'd do the promotion.

DroBoy

Sep 9, 2011
Visit site
Agreed. The phones launched a week before Black Friday. What did you think was going to happen? It's like when the iPhone came out and people waited in line and rushed out to get it. Then six months later the price went down and people complained and whined until Apple sent them a reimbursement. Well, guess what... three to six months from now, all of these phones will be free or close to it on contract. Will people feel they're entitled to that price for the phone they purchased three to six months earlier? I don't get this whole mentality. No one owes you anything just for being there. I guess it's the "Participation Trophy" mentality.Next time just wait a few weeks/months for those deals and get the phone then. But, considering there will always be a better deal down the line, I suppose some will never be content. That's not a way to live life.Note this isn't attacking anyone specifically as much as it is attacking the mentality that, "they owe me because they do."

I'm not talking six months, I am talking literally two days. If this was to happened lets say a month from now or Jan I wouldn't care so much, but for two days I do care. From my perspective it seems like a lot of ppl are okay with being walked over and not caring. If you could get the free headphones that cost a 99, and you don't plan on using them flip them on Ebay for 50 bucks and make some money to buy yourself something decent.

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
If you guys care so much about a deal you should have had the foresight to wait and see what happens for Black Friday. It is like buying an iPhone 4S two days before the iPhone 5 was announced. It happens every year, you should have known it was coming.

Etyrnus

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm not talking six months, I am talking literally two days. If this was to happened lets say a month from now or Jan I wouldn't care so much, but for two days I do care. From my perspective it seems like a lot of ppl are okay with being walked over and not caring. If you could get the free headphones that cost a 99, and you don't plan on using them flip them on Ebay for 50 bucks and make some money to buy yourself something decent.

I wouldn't put it as we are being walked over or not caring. I personally made the choice to get the phone as soon as it was available, partly because At&t kindly let me upgrade 8 months early and get the charge plate. They would have been fully justified in denying the upgrade, and I even told them I wasn't expecting it. But they let me do it because I've been a long standing customer. So I've gotten more than I could already ask for, or expect.

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
i would respond, but it seems my viewpoint has already been expressed here.

back to enjoying my 810 that came with everything it said it came with in the box, which was all i was expecting.........

TexasLabRat

Oct 17, 2012
Visit site
It's been mentioned a few times in other threads (including by me) but I'll mention it again: The form that you fill out and print out/send for the headphones says that the cutoff date is Nov. 16 even though the rest of the website says the 20th. So I would encourage everyone who wants a pair of headphones to go ahead and submit a request. Worst case you are out a couple of sheets of paper, an envelope and a stamp.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion