APN Settings - going mental over here

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
All fingers crossed ! Let's hope T-Mobile will see the light about this. :)

Have you had strange battery indicator issue? So this is what I see every time: I let the phone's battery die, then plug in the charger. Battery icon appears and shows that it is charging and when there is enough power in the battery, phone starts. After that let the phone charge to 100%. Now disconnect the phone and use it normally. Even after 8 hours the indicator stays on 100%, although it isn't possible. Normal restart makes the battery indicator work properly.
I have not yet tried to connect charger without lettting the phone die first. I will try it soon and see what happens.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Have you had strange battery indicator issue? So this is what I see every time: I let the phone's battery die, then plug in the charger. Battery icon appears and shows that it is charging and when there is enough power in the battery, phone starts. After that let the phone charge to 100%. Now disconnect the phone and use it normally. Even after 8 hours the indicator stays on 100%, although it isn't possible. Normal restart makes the battery indicator work properly.
I have not yet tried to connect charger without lettting the phone die first. I will try it soon and see what happens.

Thats a Lumia 810 exclusive feature :grin:

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
How did you get the app file? I have a dev unlocked phone, I could try it.

I attached the file here. I found it online on one of the forums. There was a thread for Lumia 800 and I think it is from WP7.5. Try it at least.

Attachments

• Network_Setup__v1.0.0.0.zip
    872.3 KB · Views: 15

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I have found another file, could that be the "Nokia Interop Unlock"?
Now you've discovered a catch-22. See, the interop unlock exploit for Nokia devices worked by taking advantage of nokia's network setup app... so you have to have the network setup app on your phone for the interop unlock to work. Hehehe. Then again, WP8 runs on an entirely different kernel than WP7 so that may not even work anymore.

docteurvez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
You know the sad part on this ? For us in Qu?bec with Videotron, the only WP8 that would work with this provider is the Lumia 810. Since 2010, I was a big Android fan, starting with the Nexus One. With WP8, I decided to give it a try...and I'm proud of it ! WP8 is absolutly awesome, no lag, the tile interface is a real "innovation" from Microsoft (finally ;) ). There is no other phone for us on this frequency (AWS 1700).

So, I decided to get this Lumia 810, unlock it and I though everything would be ok... Wrong... the damn hardcoded APN settings... :(

It's bad that, as a customer who paid a lot every month (yeah, in Canada, it's a lot) we can't chose which phone we want to use. It's the providers who has the power.

Sorry for this moment of sadness this morning. ;)
Have a great day. :)

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
Now you've discovered a catch-22. See, the interop unlock exploit for Nokia devices worked by taking advantage of nokia's network setup app... so you have to have the network setup app on your phone for the interop unlock to work. Hehehe. Then again, WP8 runs on an entirely different kernel than WP7 so that may not even work anymore.
So looks like we will have to wait until the company decides to enable the settings through an update. Thanks

Charkatak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
You know the sad part on this ? For us in Qu?bec with Videotron, the only WP8 that would work with this provider is the Lumia 810. Since 2010, I was a big Android fan, starting with the Nexus One. With WP8, I decided to give it a try...and I'm proud of it ! WP8 is absolutly awesome, no lag, the tile interface is a real "innovation" from Microsoft (finally ;) ). There is no other phone for us on this frequency (AWS 1700).

So, I decided to get this Lumia 810, unlock it and I though everything would be ok... Wrong... the damn hardcoded APN settings... :(

It's bad that, as a customer who paid a lot every month (yeah, in Canada, it's a lot) we can't chose which phone we want to use. It's the providers who has the power.

Sorry for this moment of sadness this morning. ;)
Have a great day. :)

Have you checked HTC 8x, that would also work on your network, but as far as apn settings, I don't know.

docteurvez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Have you checked HTC 8x, that would also work on your network, but as far as apn settings, I don't know.

In theory, it should work if I look at the spec from both networks :
UMTS frequency bands - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
E-UTRA - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

HTC Windows Phone 8X - Full phone specifications
Nokia Lumia 810 - Full phone specifications

Videotron still has the "faux 4G", on the UMTS spectrum, T-Mobile has upgraded their network to the E-UTRA (LTE).

If I can be 100% sure the 8X will work on Videotron, I would really consider getting one. :)

merakicore

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Found out a way to change on the Lumia 810, thanks to Nokia.

1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision.

2. Hold the camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the QR codes provided below.

3. If successful, a small thumbnail of the QR code along with a description of a web link will appear on screen.

4. Tap the web link and it will take you to the Store to update the Nokia app.

ZLdL6.png

After installing you'll have a menu in Settings called "Access Point" which will allow you to change the APN to match your carrier.

I'm now running the 810 on WIND Mobile no problems! :love:

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Found out a way to change on the Lumia 810, thanks to Nokia.

1. Press the Search hardware button on your Nokia Lumia Windows Phone 8 Device and tap on Vision.

2. Hold the camera viewfinder up to the screen to focus on the QR codes provided below.

3. If successful, a small thumbnail of the QR code along with a description of a web link will appear on screen.

4. Tap the web link and it will take you to the Store to update the Nokia app.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLdL6.png

After installing you'll have a menu in Settings called "Access Point" which will allow you to change the APN to match your carrier.

I'm now running the 810 on WIND Mobile no problems! :love:

Thank u thank u thank u.....

jqwest

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I got the lumia 810 from tmobile and using on solavei it works great no apn editing needed...then used the above app the get mms working ...super thank you

<a href="http://www.solavei.com/jqwest">Click for $49 cell phone bill no contract</a>

Last edited:

boblfixit

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
I just switched my Solavei sim to a Nokia Lumia 810, did a restore from my back up and it is performing excellent! one glitch..fails on MMS messages and, of course there is no "Access Point" under Settings, so I'm trying to find a way to get into the APN Settings!!

BobL

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb