A full phone restore... in pictures

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
So I exchanged my 810 for a new one (battery issues) and did a full restore from my old phone's backup. I blurred out my email addresses in the account restore area. As you'll see from some of the screenshots at the bottom, my device is having some odd issues with downloading some 13 "apps" - I imagine it's a bunch of the Nokia updates they'd been silently pushing over the last few days... but 13? Weird. I almost want to hard reset and try again, see what happens, but maybe I'll just wait it out.

Restoring is a fairly painless process - all the apps you had on your phone from the backup are automatically re-installed for you - it's kind of nice. All accounts linked to the phone will be found and passwords prompted, but in-app passwords and login information beyond that will have to be manually set up (i.e. games). The restore even brought back my accent color - when I started the phone it was T-Mobile Magenta (kind of pleasing, actually), but once my restore information was downloaded the accent changed to my regular green (as evidenced by me taking screenshots and seeing a green flash instead of a magenta one).

So, for anyone interested, this is how it works. (Some of the difference in timing was me just waiting around. I just left the phone alone and watched a TV show, not paying too much attention)

b87nh3.jpg

25fpu02.jpg

1z5olcn.jpg

149v7yq.jpg

312y1oj.jpg

2yy9v77.jpg

149a9ef.jpg

nomegustaios

May 1, 2012
Visit site
So I exchanged my 810 for a new one (battery issues) and did a full restore from my old phone's backup. I blurred out my email addresses in the account restore area. As you'll see from some of the screenshots at the bottom, my device is having some odd issues with downloading some 13 "apps" - I imagine it's a bunch of the Nokia updates they'd been silently pushing over the last few days... but 13? Weird. I almost want to hard reset and try again, see what happens, but maybe I'll just wait it out.

Restoring is a fairly painless process - all the apps you had on your phone from the backup are automatically re-installed for you - it's kind of nice. All accounts linked to the phone will be found and passwords prompted, but in-app passwords and login information beyond that will have to be manually set up (i.e. games). The restore even brought back my accent color - when I started the phone it was T-Mobile Magenta (kind of pleasing, actually), but once my restore information was downloaded the accent changed to my regular green (as evidenced by me taking screenshots and seeing a green flash instead of a magenta one).

So, for anyone interested, this is how it works. (Some of the difference in timing was me just waiting around. I just left the phone alone and watched a TV show, not paying too much attention)

I had the same issue, but once I connected to my WiFi at home the apps all updated.

Are you also connected to WiFi?

Last edited:

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I had the same issue, but once I connected to my WiFi at home the apps all updated.

Are you also connected to WiFi?
Yeah, always connected to Wi-Fi at home. I just went through and manually cancelled all the downloads [the ones that said 'Downloading application'... all my actual apps appear to have downloaded just fine], and then I manually downloaded the extras+info update via the purchase history trick. That update does seem to give amazing battery life - and a little tone when you unplug the cable from your phone. I also think Wi-Fi reconnects a little faster - it seems to start reconnecting as soon as the lock screen is touched (whether or not the phone is actually unlocked)

wprob

Nov 10, 2012
Visit site
as someone who deals with people factory resetting/restoring their phones on a daily basis, it cannot be overstated just how cool this feature is. a huge frustration with android is restoring apps and settings, WP8 has done this right!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon