just got my 810... quick question on sd card browsing

mky4b11

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
quick question.

is it possible to browse/transfer files to the sd card while the phone is hooked up to usb? coming from android, i had the option of mounting the sd card or charging only when i plug the phone in. or do i have to use a card reader and adapter, and take off the battery/cover every time i want to transfer pics/vids/music?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Just attach the phone to the usb cord and plug it into the computer...works the same as android :)

Drag & Drop :p

Also, Idk how some people do their ringtones but i just google online ringtone makers and then upload the song to the site and trim the ringtone and then save the file to the ringtones folder on my phone.
it takes me about 5 mins.

But Nokia Also has this app called ringtone maker that allos you to make ringtones from songs on your phone already so that may be easier.
quick question.

is it possible to browse/transfer files to the sd card while the phone is hooked up to usb? coming from android, i had the option of mounting the sd card or charging only when i plug the phone in. or do i have to use a card reader and adapter, and take off the battery/cover every time i want to transfer pics/vids/music?

mky4b11

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
thank you for the quick reply. after some tinkering, i came to the conclusion i probably need a new sd card.

the problem i was having when i plugged the usb into the phone was that my computer was saying i didn't have the right drivers. so my computer recognized the phone, and the phone was getting a charge, but it couldn't establish a data connection. i removed the sd card, and then it worked. so right now im backing up my sd card/music/pics etc and gonna do a clean reformat, then see if it works. glad i didn't have a faulty phone, although it did freeze on me earlier on its first full charge (blank screen, buttons lit up, no response, had to pull battery). so far so good though.

now i'm loading up on apps. i seem to be able to find every app i used to use on android so far. one of my favs isn't there though, ringtone shuffler. i'm waiting patiently for instagram. and i'm hoping to find a flipboard alternative soon. it'd be cool to have a swype type keyboard too, but i am surprisingly doing well with this touch keyboard, being an avid qwerty user for the past few years (sidekick lx/g1/3g slide/g2/mt4gs), making the transition to all touch phone was a big step for me. lol. happy to be rocking a nokia again though (i remember my 5160 with original snake, hooked up with flashing antennaes, batteries, keypads, and the coolest cases lol.)

i tried finding the nokia ringtone app, but couldn't find it, but managed to figure out how to edit a song on my laptop, and upload to skydrive, and use an app (ringtone from skydrive i think?) to set as a ringtone. but now that i can hook my phone up to my laptop, i can just drag and drop directly then :D

cool wp8 app recommendations anyone?

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
thank you for the quick reply. after some tinkering, i came to the conclusion i probably need a new sd card.

the problem i was having when i plugged the usb into the phone was that my computer was saying i didn't have the right drivers. so my computer recognized the phone, and the phone was getting a charge, but it couldn't establish a data connection. i removed the sd card, and then it worked. so right now im backing up my sd card/music/pics etc and gonna do a clean reformat, then see if it works. glad i didn't have a faulty phone, although it did freeze on me earlier on its first full charge (blank screen, buttons lit up, no response, had to pull battery). so far so good though.

now i'm loading up on apps. i seem to be able to find every app i used to use on android so far. one of my favs isn't there though, ringtone shuffler. i'm waiting patiently for instagram. and i'm hoping to find a flipboard alternative soon. it'd be cool to have a swype type keyboard too, but i am surprisingly doing well with this touch keyboard, being an avid qwerty user for the past few years (sidekick lx/g1/3g slide/g2/mt4gs), making the transition to all touch phone was a big step for me. lol. happy to be rocking a nokia again though (i remember my 5160 with original snake, hooked up with flashing antennaes, batteries, keypads, and the coolest cases lol.)

i tried finding the nokia ringtone app, but couldn't find it, but managed to figure out how to edit a song on my laptop, and upload to skydrive, and use an app (ringtone from skydrive i think?) to set as a ringtone. but now that i can hook my phone up to my laptop, i can just drag and drop directly then :D

cool wp8 app recommendations anyone?

I am still learning apps myself so i am not much help however download an app called Appflow app discovery
it makes it easier to find apps than trying to sift through the store....

My top 5 most used apps are
1. Board Express Pro(Tapatalk)
2. WPcentral
3. Purple Cherry GBC(Gameboy color emulator)
4. Amazon Kindle
5. Kik

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
As far as ringtones, I am coming from WP7 and use easyring...Nokia ringtone maker is in the Nokia collection, but just in case you don't know, you can only make ringtones...no text or email alerts yet. Mt cool app recommendations are Garmin, Slingplayer, Skype, Spanish for dummies, Monopoly, Supertube. If you get the paid version of easyring, it comes with a YouTube like downloader for ripping music off the videos :).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077