Music problems

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I'll email this forum link to Nokia tech support so they know about it and they'll get a fix out. Until then I'm just going to use my music pass to load all my tunes (without led zeppelin and acdc of course). Thanks for going through the steps. At least we don't have broken phones😉

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Went back and forth with Nokia support on twitter. They're looking into it. Try this. Reboot and lose the music. Synch any lost album to the internal memory. Bang! That album is back and will survive a reboot (tested) even if you erase the album from the internal memory. Awkward solution but for music I can't get on my pass it will work.

CaFe88

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
make sure connect with xbox music and xbox music cloud collection is off.

i also read on another forum that if the id3 are not encoded as v2.3 the tag info doesnt show properly sometimes.

im using a 32gb sandisk memory and have tested dragging and dropping the files to the external memory instead of using the windows phone software to sync and it worked fine album art and id3 tags are accurate.

if i turn connect with xbox music on it auto detects some of the tracks and renames them and adds pictures but messes up my id3 tags.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
All Id3 tags are V3 because WMP doesn't recognize V4 at all anyways. We can synch our phones fine, but everytime we reboot anything that is on the card vanishes, or its meta data vanishes to be clear. I've used the official app, music bee, WMP, and drag and drop. Same thing everytime.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey cafe what class card are you using, do you have an 822 (this isn't something that's been an issue with the 820), and if you do have an 822 have you rebooted it since you synched?

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
All Id3 tags are V3 because WMP doesn't recognize V4 at all anyways. We can synch our phones fine, but everytime we reboot anything that is on the card vanishes, or its meta data vanishes to be clear. I've used the official app, music bee, WMP, and drag and drop. Same thing everytime.

Works for me though...it didnt bring in the tags first but after i synced it with the windows phone app, even though the music was present on the card, it re-transferred the tags..

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Let me be a bit more clear about the problem. We are having no trouble with synch. Using all programs and drag and drop transferring music is a snap and goes off without a hitch. The issue is when the phone is rebooted all meta data associated with music loaded from the PC (music pass albums are unaffected, internal memory is unaffected) is erased from the SD card. The songs are there, but they are transferred to a folder marked unknown artist with no album art or name, making it hard to organize to say the least. It's simple enough to resynch, or if using WMP to erase the unknown album folder and reload the music (I put all these albums in a playlist so I don't have to find them again) but loading 15 gigs of music on the phone takes awhile and it's a real pain to have to go through that after every reboot. What's concerning is we have 3 phones now sold thousands of miles apart that are exhibiting the behavior. What's weird is that it doesn't immediately erase the meta data. Coming out of reboot everything looks fine. If you wait about a minute or two you can actually see the albums being erased by the phone. You're looking at the album art and then one by one the albums turn to grey boxes and then disappear. Something else weird. Connected the phone at work and installed the latest build of the Win 7 synch app. Detected the phone, saw the SD was full, but would not detect that any music was present or allow me to pull the songs from the phone. Weird.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Also I have done a factory reset, soft reboot, memory flush reboot, disconnected from XBox music and cloud collection and nothing prevents the problem.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Let me be a bit more clear about the problem. We are having no trouble with synch. Using all programs and drag and drop transferring music is a snap and goes off without a hitch. The issue is when the phone is rebooted all meta data associated with music loaded from the PC (music pass albums are unaffected, internal memory is unaffected) is erased from the SD card. The songs are there, but they are transferred to a folder marked unknown artist with no album art or name, making it hard to organize to say the least. It's simple enough to resynch, or if using WMP to erase the unknown album folder and reload the music (I put all these albums in a playlist so I don't have to find them again) but loading 15 gigs of music on the phone takes awhile and it's a real pain to have to go through that after every reboot. What's concerning is we have 3 phones now sold thousands of miles apart that are exhibiting the behavior. What's weird is that it doesn't immediately erase the meta data. Coming out of reboot everything looks fine. If you wait about a minute or two you can actually see the albums being erased by the phone. You're looking at the album art and then one by one the albums turn to grey boxes and then disappear. Something else weird. Connected the phone at work and installed the latest build of the Win 7 synch app. Detected the phone, saw the SD was full, but would not detect that any music was present or allow me to pull the songs from the phone. Weird.

I had the same issue for the first couple of times, the first time I synced the songs using WMP on Windows 8 x64. After that I had all the songs but when I checked the albums it showed me only unknown. To fix it, I re-synced my playlist from the Windows Phone Desktop Client (not the metro version) and it looked as if it was transferring music but what it was doing was updating the metadata. Just to make sure it doesn't screw up again, I synced the playlist again using WMP on Windows 8 x64 and the metadata still stayed. Now I have also enabled XBOX Sync and the metadata is still in place, working as usual.

What I think its a bug that MS needs to address soon, I did find a work around which I used, may be you can try this and let us know. FYI, I have my SD card formatted as NTFS and its a 32GB Class 10 Ultra from Sandisk. Also as someone mentioned in this forum that videos above 4GB cannot be transferred, well I just created a test video above 5GB and the transfer worked for me.

Edwincnelson

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Arrrgh. I don't have windows 8 but I guess I could try that using the synch client again running under windows 7. I tried it yesterday doing that exact same thing with WMP and it worked for a few albums and failed with a bunch of others. we'll see. Thanks!

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Arrrgh. I don't have windows 8 but I guess I could try that using the synch client again running under windows 7. I tried it yesterday doing that exact same thing with WMP and it worked for a few albums and failed with a bunch of others. we'll see. Thanks!

Yeah the Windows Phone desktop software should work the same as that on Windows 8 or Windows 7. Just sync it a couple of times (I synced the playlist), and it worked for me. Once it worked, I have moved back to using WMP which feels quite handy as compared to the Windows Phone desktop software.

Last edited:

falsehopess

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
Had to post that I tried using panka's method. I resynced music using the windows phone desktop client and that stopped my music from disappearing after a reboot. Although one small caveat some of the album art is missing. Messing around with media monkey (never used it before) trying to imbed the album art into the files. Hopefully this works for you to edwin

dainla

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Okay, so if anyone has the problem I did, I found a solution.

Problem: Using Mac. Phone recognized but won't sync music to SD card.

Removed SD card, reformated on computer and started over again.

Music now on phone. I now look forward to being irritated about playlists and music disappearing.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Had to post that I tried using panka's method. I resynced music using the windows phone desktop client and that stopped my music from disappearing after a reboot. Although one small caveat some of the album art is missing. Messing around with media monkey (never used it before) trying to imbed the album art into the files. Hopefully this works for you to edwin
using WMP to sync my music screwed the metadata, i guess using the desktop client is my only option

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb