Where did all my memory go!?!?!

hink3000

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I bought a 16gb SD card and my phone is set to save all my pics and vids to that. I've only half filled that card and I've maxed out my internal memory of the phone with only 3.14mb left. When browse the phone while plugged into my computer via file explorer with hidden files and folders showing, I only have saved pics and personalized ringtones combined taking less than 40mb. I don't think I have any more apps installed than the average person so why am I maxed? How can I manage the memory on this device?

And by the way, why can't I see apps and system folders via file explorer? I'd like to see how much memory my apps are using.

threezit

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I was in the same boat. Was down to a bit less than 1gb of free space with all pics, videos and music on a sd card. When I went to look at Phone storage in settings it was showing close to 4gb being used in the "other" category. Finally broke down and did a hard reset. That seemed to fix it. Now "other" category is only using 1.98gb of space, which still seems like a lot for something that's unknown.

Hate to say it but a hard reset may be in order.

MagentaFTW

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I suffered this same problem as well. The other day, however as I was ranting about "other" bloat, I brought up my 810's storage screen and the "Other" file had shrunk to 1/3 it's original size. I dint think an OTA fix was implemented, so go figure . . .

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa