T-Mobile begins Portico OS update today for the 810. Check your phone!

Mystictrust

May 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah seriously, thanks for the heads up! I don't know how long it takes for the phone to notify on its own, but I couldn't wait so I checked and have downloaded.

Now I'm just anxious as the download has completed and the update status has been sitting at "Preparing to install 100%" for the past 5 minutes... but it'll install, eventually I guess.

If I stare at it long enough something's bound to happen, right?! ;)

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Installed the update. Not much time to test yet, but a couple of minutes suggests that the phone is generally, more responsive. Also, I previously had issues with saving pics and video to a 64GB Sandisk microSD. That seems to have been resolved. Shot a couple videos, and they saved without lag. Will try more and report back later.

Dr_8820

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
So far the phone signal is a full 4G! It used to always jump between 2G and 4G....another thing is the memory, I had 1.96GB before and after downloading the update (167MB), and then I had 1.67....after the installation I now have 2.50GB on the phone.
Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
So far the phone signal is a full 4G! It used to always jump between 2G and 4G....another thing is the memory, I had 1.96GB before and after downloading the update (167MB), and then I had 1.67....after the installation I now have 2.50GB on the phone.
Sent from my Nokia L810 using Board Express
lol u gained memory? I lost atleast 500 megs

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Since the topic of internal memory usage came up, anyone know what exactly is in the "Other" space and how to delete some of it... I have 2.47 GB in other storage and only 1.81 open...

Other than that, the update seemed to make the connection better, the SMS fail problem is much better and well, here's the full change log...

Latest software release for Nokia Lumia 810 is SW 1532.5951.1250.1004
•More efficient Messaging, allowing you to save draft messages, edit forwarded multimedia messages, select multiple recipients at once, and respond to a call with a text message
•Improved performance, audio quality, and connection stability for Bluetooth
•Improved compatibility, stability, and performance for micro-SD card
•Improved battery level metering
•Improved stability, speed, and functionality for the camera
•Can now better control data costs: you can prevent automatic fallback from a Wi-Fi network to a mobile data network and keep Wi-Fi always on to off-load network usage to Wi-Fi
•Performance and stability improvements

mky4b11

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
updated mine few hours ago. havn't used it much. but from my regular usage.

audio levels are much better through the headphone jack, before, playing the loudest genre of bass inducing music in my car stereo with my phone hooked up, with levels maxed out, yielded unsatisfactory marks on the "loud" factor., this is no longer the case after the update.

before when playing metroradio, 2 out of 5 times, the app would take forever to start, and once it did, the station would not play. would usually need to restart phone to get it working. now metroradio has been starting up and playing each song every single time i used it so far (about 5 seperate times) lol. so definitely happy with that.

took a few pictures, and they did seem sharper, and less fuzzy. will have to do further testing on the camera.

so far so good!

although i never really had a problem with the phone before the update, minus the low audio output.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Went quickly, about 15-20 minutes later and a couple reboots later, all done.

I'll have to play awhile first to say what is different.

kbagrows

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Okay, have taken numerous additional photos and videos. If you (like me) have a 64GB microSD and were having issues with saving videos, they are now gone. Even on high res, videos save very nicely with no noticeable lag. Really pumped about this update, have also been noticing that various apps open faster, and the phone seems, overall, much more responsive.

Wmorrison01

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
On my third attempt to install. Uninstalled about 20 apps, removed the sd card, uploaded all documents off of the phone just to come close to freeing the space necessary to do the update. If I could have cleared the darn "other" category I might have been fine. Instead it sits steadily at around 4GB.

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Updated it on mine. Has anybody noticed they are getting less signal bars or even no service after this update?

Seems like my signal is weaker after the update....

darthhen

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
Another thing I noticed in Settings. Under "find my phone" section, it says off. But in fact it is really on if I go into "find my phone" screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6