So i finally broke a phone screen for the first time ever

ProchodaEm

Jun 4, 2013
Visit site
My dad and I just fixed my phone using the 820 tutorial and the advice from the above poster using a hair dryer and a razor to pry the digitizer off from the front. The whole process was $35 and relatively easy. Thank you for the help!

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
dropped my phone face down and my screen took a hit... i wonder if you guys have a case protector when you dropped your phones coz i surely didn't have one on (stupid me). Despite of the crack screen - i knew someday somehow this **** would happen... so i opted to buy an unlock 920 instead of risking of further damaging my 810 by replacing the screen. I suggest to leave it to professionals lol.

metalchick719

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
dropped my phone face down and my screen took a hit... i wonder if you guys have a case protector when you dropped your phones coz i surely didn't have one on (stupid me). Despite of the crack screen - i knew someday somehow this **** would happen... so i opted to buy an unlock 920 instead of risking of further damaging my 810 by replacing the screen. I suggest to leave it to professionals lol.

Yikes... Well, you finally got a good excuse to bite the bullet and get a 920. Which one did you get? Is it a Rogers? What color?

b3rni3703

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Yikes... Well, you finally got a good excuse to bite the bullet and get a 920. Which one did you get? Is it a Rogers? What color?

yea man... partied too much!.. my drunk *** buddy accidentally knocked it off my hand as i was about to take a pic! i'm like aw you mothaaaa.. sall good.. items like these can always be replaced.. got the 920 black ATT for 275 in excellent condition off of ebay.. should receive it by Thurs.. i'm actually excited.. in the meantime, i'm on android.. scared of getting my fingers cut by them crack screen..

Paul Verizzo

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
So, be like all the other fools and drop it in your toilet, too. That should round out the ailments.
Over 13 years of phone with screens and I've had one self-inflicted failure. I buy screen protectors and don't talk on the phone in the loo.
When I do my mountain biking, it's in a case and that's in a fanny pack.
I use it as if it's valuable to me.............

Robert Novak1

Jun 29, 2013
Visit site
I am just going to leave the following advise here for all of you that don't have some form of phone condom....

wrap-it-up-box_zpsac029a09.png

MrTofu

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if the parts they sell online (digitizer) is actual Nokia brand? I'd still want the gorilla glass 2 on it...

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Thanks! Have u or anyone else ever ordered from them? Are they pretty reliable/trustworthy?
I ordered a back Qi charging cover for less than $31. shipped it said Nokia on it, looked just like the ones you see in a T M store when they sold them except it was
from a bulk pack. They are very nice just write them with any questions, it even tell you how to know what parts you need to repair the front screen as I'm sure you've read in their instructions.
How to tell which Screen part you need for the Nokia Lumia 810:
http://www.parts4repair.com/nokia-lumia-810-touch-screen-digitizer-t-mobile/

bsipe9

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
PB_H, which color cover did you order from them? How long have you had it and are you happy? I've looked darn near everywhere for those and this is the first place I've seen that has them. Also, which charging base are you using?

PB_H

Banned
Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
If you're looking for a replacement touch screen for the Nokia Lumia 810 Nokia Lumia 810 Touch Screen Digitizer Replacement[/url]

Don't think you supposed to be an ambulance chaser waiting for an accident , you need to pm him and not have links to your business,
there is a section for that I assume. Just an FYI

D

Deleted member 199301

My dad and I just fixed my phone using the 820 tutorial and the advice from the above poster using a hair dryer and a razor to pry the digitizer off from the front. The whole process was $35 and relatively easy. Thank you for the help!

How long did it take him? I'm about to try my hand at this for my Mom, this weekend.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99