12-25-2013 02:41 PM
48 12
tools
    You can get Nokia Lumia 810 original charging shells here Nokia Repair Parts - Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile Version) - Parts4repair.Com
    about $30. incl shipping
    Looks like the only one with wireless charging is the one out of stock.

Can anyone with a wireless charging shell toss just the shell on the charging mat and probe it with a multimeter? I want to see if I can make my own QI one (seen people do the same mod with Palm systems, but I haven't seen a 4 pin one)
    08-26-2013 12:26 AM
    Looks like the only one with wireless charging is the one out of stock.

Can anyone with a wireless charging shell toss just the shell on the charging mat and probe it with a multimeter? I want to see if I can make my own QI one (seen people do the same mod with Palm systems, but I haven't seen a 4 pin one)
    No they all do only the cyan is out of stock, I emailed them and asked if all have the Qi pad and they said yes,
    it's just the picture that doesn't have it. Email them and ask.

But if you bothered to read you'd see:

Back Cover for Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile) -Black
    Need a good quality back cover for Nokia Lumia 810
    This is a replacement for Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile), When you have a damaged back cover,
    you need it to replace. it comes with side keys + wireless charging
    and
    Back Cover for Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile) -Gray
    This is a replacement for Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile),When you have a damaged back cover,
    you need it to replace.it comes with side keys + wireless charging.
    08-26-2013 02:18 AM
    No they all do only the cyan is out of stock, I emailed them and asked if all have the Qi pad and they said yes,

This is a replacement for Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile), When you have a damaged back cover,
    and
    This is a replacement for Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile),When you have a damaged back cover,
    Thanks for pointing that out. I checked the link last night before sleeping in preparation for my first day of classes this semester and didn't notice it. I'll see what I can do in terms of ordering it, depending on funds. =)
    08-26-2013 02:06 PM

and
    Placed an order yesterday. Got this email today.
    "
    This is Fiona from Cell phone parts one stop shop - Parts4repair.com. We are not sure the exact date of the Back Cover for Nokia Lumia 810 (T-Mobile) -Black would available. We are very sorry for any inconvenience. We would appreciate it if you could wait one more week. If it still not available at that time, we'd like to give you a refund. How do you think?

I will let you know, as soon as the goods is ready for shipment. Thanks very much for your patience and your understanding.

"

Wonderful. Guess I'll wait for a pinout from someone.
    08-28-2013 12:28 PM
    Just did this mod and it should be noted that there is a noticeable bulge now where the charging coil sits inside the cover. It is also a little more difficult to snap the cover back into place because of the added bulge.
    08-30-2013 01:32 AM
    Just did this mod and it should be noted that there is a noticeable bulge now where the charging coil sits inside the cover. It is also a little more difficult to snap the cover back into place because of the added bulge.
    Most don't put on the little foam insulation pad, did you ?
    08-30-2013 03:30 AM
    Most don't put on the little foam insulation pad, did you ?
    Nope. The insulation pad was not re-used. Overall, the mod works fine. I charged it overnight without any issue. But being picky about my stuff, I couldn't stand the bulge, so I removed the cover and re-installed a spare original charging cover.
    Last edited by paperchasin; 08-30-2013 at 09:34 AM.
    08-30-2013 08:47 AM
    Nope. The insulation pad was not re-used. Overall, the mod works fine. I charged it overnight without any issue. But being picky about my stuff, I couldn't stand the bulge, so I removed the cover and re-installed a spare original charging cover.
    I'll buy the butchered one off you. I can't find these things anywhere! and my fatboy charging pillow is in today! =(
    08-30-2013 12:53 PM
    I purchased the gray back cover; it has no wireless charging. I already moved and didn't get to check for a month because i had to replace my charger, so I won't bother calling them out on their BS.

I'm going to try to get a cheap 820 wireless charging shell and hack the coil onto my gray shell (I'm getting sick of cyan). The actual coil itself should be compatible as long as the pins connect at the right places, right?

and
    10-21-2013 05:37 AM
    I purchased the gray back cover; it has no wireless charging. I already moved and didn't get to check for a month because i had to replace my charger, so I won't bother calling them out on their BS.

I'm going to try to get a cheap 820 wireless charging shell and hack the coil onto my gray shell (I'm getting sick of cyan). The actual coil itself should be compatible as long as the pins connect at the right places, right?
    I had the same thing happen. I paid with PayPal and opened a dispute, took two months of back & forth between them, PayPal and me, they offered a $6 refund via email, and then a $3 refund via PayPal. I rejected both and escalated the case via PayPal and got a full refund from them. found black cases on ebay for $30 around the same time, so I jumped in those.

as for Modding an 820, it should work. the only pin that is a positive power pin is the "top" pin inside. the middle top is ground, and 2 communicating pins.
    10-21-2013 10:05 AM

Ands yes they did tell me if it says it, it does have it but...
    I guess I would have considered that the picture clearly shows it without a Qi pad and contacted them and AGAIN said
    I see a discrepancy in the photo compared to the description, could you clarify... The blue one I had until I sold it had the Qi pad.
    Why not send them a email with a picture of the piece you bought comparing it to their copy ?

nokia_lumia_810_back_cover_01__89528_1370423670_1280_1280.jpg
    10-21-2013 05:04 PM
    Can anyone confirm that this is working with no side effects? Switching my case back and forth is getting kind annoying....
    10-22-2013 08:34 PM
    I can confirm that the 810 wireless charging mod is still working perfectly for me about three months into use. Charges with the same speed, discharges the same, works the same, all is well. Hell, I even got it to charge wirelessly through my cheap eBay cases.
    10-22-2013 10:02 PM
    I hope to try this with my lumia 720 soon, anyone tried with 720?
    10-23-2013 03:29 AM
    I hope to try this with my lumia 720 soon, anyone tried with 720?
    No disrespect intended but
    This is an 810 forum it's a T Mobile USA branded phone you won't have a lot of 720 owners if any here.
    98% of 810 owners are from North America the 720 isn't even sold in North America, but your welcome to hope someone responds
    10-23-2013 04:42 AM
    Oops, im sorry!
    10-24-2013 07:12 AM
    Have you guys checked eBay lately? There is a buttload of 810 charging cases in both black and cyan. Just bought a cyan one. Will do this mod when it arrives.
    10-28-2013 11:59 PM
    Have you guys checked eBay lately? There is a buttload of 810 charging cases in both black and cyan. Just bought a cyan one. Will do this mod when it arrives.
    sell me the case after you're done with it ?
    10-29-2013 12:47 AM
    sell me the case after you're done with it ?
    what? You mean you want the charging case after I've removed the charging circuit?
    10-31-2013 08:54 AM
    what? You mean you want the charging case after I've removed the charging circuit?
    Possibly -yes, the shell.
    10-31-2013 02:11 PM
    This is great news! My question is....has anyone done this or know of anyone who has done this to the back cover of a lumia 822??!??!
    The wireless charging shell of the lumia 822 is NOWHERE to be found (only for 40$ from Verizon).... if I get a shell from the 810 or 820, will this work/fit on the 822?
    11-10-2013 09:25 PM
    This is great news! My question is....has anyone done this or know of anyone who has done this to the back cover of a lumia 822??!??!
    The wireless charging shell of the lumia 822 is NOWHERE to be found (only for 40$ from Verizon).... if I get a shell from the 810 or 820, will this work/fit on the 822?
    I'd ask in the 822 forum -they if anyone would know, you'd have to compare where the pad on an 822 lines
    up and see if one from an 810 is exactly the same pad with the exact same connection points.
    Start a thread in the 822 forum that's where you might find out.
    I don't think anyone got a pad from an 822 wireless back and fit it in an 810 since they cost $10. more.
    Good luck.
    11-10-2013 10:02 PM
    I've been using an 810 as a spare for a couple weeks, while my 920 was sent back to the mothership for warranty repairs, and really like it (maybe more than the 920...).

My question is, any idea if a 920 charging coil be grafted onto the 810? I just ordered a new eBay 920 housing that comes with a charing coil, so I'll have a spare. Sorry if this a lame question, just haven't had the 920 apart yet, and don't know much about the 810 accessory charging shell.

Nokia sent my 920 back with a new screen but with the same tired housing. I'm actually thinking of keeping the 810 and selling the 920, while I wait (and wait), for a T-Mobile 1520 variant.
    12-25-2013 02:41 PM
48 12