Lumia 810's camera is not as good as the one on htc radar ????

Greall55

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
I got my 810 yesterday, nothing to complain but the camera is my problem, anyone knows why the camera is blur, green-tone and dark :(

here is some sample shoots

WP_20130314_012.jpg

compare with my htc radar (5mpx) oops =/=

WP_000842.jpg

i tried to set the exposure for more light but... haizz
WP_20130315_004.jpg

when you zoom in, 810's photo is even not detailed as radar's one

The same with the facing camera, green-tone

I juz dont get it :shocked:

waazzupppp

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
Radar VS Lumia Low.jpg

You need to be careful how you look at the two images above. The image sensor on the left - which I believe is the Lumia - is picking up more Blacks in the monitor and Whites in the center. The image on the right - the Radar - is picking up more lighter tones on the screen an almost no black to contrast it. You can clearly see the difference in your second image, showing the details in the blacks in the image on the right. Now, the question is, which camera is actually better? Out of the box, they are both pretty decent.

The HTC Radar is a very strong 5MP shooter, but needs a few balancing issues fixed before it is a great one. The Radar sensor is very close the the sensor that is in the Titan - which is still one of the top 5 daylight cams ever made. Colors can be rich and beautiful with a slight saturation bump, contrast with a setting of +1 looks wonderful as well. These are about the same settings I used on my Radar/Focus S testing that I did a while back as well.

The Lumia however works pretty well in auto mode - but I did downsize the image to 4:3 instead of 16:9. This gives less dynamic range area for the sensor to judge from. Also, I turned off the Focus Assist light as it created more issues than it helps with. Overall, the stock software for WP7 was a bit sharper than the stuff for WP8 - so far...

Vanilla_Gorilla

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm not exactly happy with the camera either... I feel its worse than my past Nokias; 701, N9, and N900. indoor photos seem to just suck. While outdoor is acceptable.

Greall55

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
You need to be careful how you look at the two images above. The image sensor on the left - which I believe is the Lumia - is picking up more Blacks in the monitor and Whites in the center. The image on the right - the Radar - is picking up more lighter tones on the screen an almost no black to contrast it. You can clearly see the difference in your second image, showing the details in the blacks in the image on the right. Now, the question is, which camera is actually better? Out of the box, they are both pretty decent.

The HTC Radar is a very strong 5MP shooter, but needs a few balancing issues fixed before it is a great one. The Radar sensor is very close the the sensor that is in the Titan - which is still one of the top 5 daylight cams ever made. Colors can be rich and beautiful with a slight saturation bump, contrast with a setting of +1 looks wonderful as well. These are about the same settings I used on my Radar/Focus S testing that I did a while back as well.

The Lumia however works pretty well in auto mode - but I did downsize the image to 4:3 instead of 16:9. This gives less dynamic range area for the sensor to judge from. Also, I turned off the Focus Assist light as it created more issues than it helps with. Overall, the stock software for WP7 was a bit sharper than the stuff for WP8 - so far...

do u think that lumia 810/820's camera has a big issue in white balance, i know it do better on capture detail on the monitor but the white balance is really suck.
Anw, thz for ur information bro, the white balance of 4:3 ratio is better :D

WP_20130315_014.jpg

WP_20130315_015.jpg

Last edited:

Greall55

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
My 822 camera looks much better than both of these. Thought the 810 and 822 had the same camera... Hmmm.

It means that 822's white balance is better? have u tried in a room with white light? The brightness is still can acceptable but the white balance is NO

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Am not a techy guy when it comes to camera, but wrt my old N97 - 5 MP cam and 710 - 5 MP cam, I see 810 has quite better pics.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb